Stopping sound through cold air return in shared wall

I've got a bedroom that does not have a cold air return. It's the one that is furthest from the furnace, over the garage and exposed on three sides. There is a cold air return return on the other side of the wall it shares with the hallway. But before I cut a hole and put up a vent, I'd like to know what would be the best way to keep sound from the bedroom from going to the hallway and vice-versa. Should I intall the vent at a different height, build a vertical barrier between the two vents or what? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What did your HVAC technician advise you to do?
Yeah, you might want to try the invisible sound board, look for it at home depot, next to the sky hooks and plaid paint.
-Canadian Heat

I haven't involved an HVAC technician as of yet.

Well no fucking wonder you don't have a clue!
Call one up and go away!