Steam Radiator Pipes HELP HELP

I am interested in various solutions other than painting , in covering these pipes.
They are somewhat intrusive ...coming out of nowhere and usually sitting in the
middle of the room for all to see. it seems no matter what paint, one uses it seems
to chip off and i was wondering if there is anything more decorative. Ive seen
insulated solutions...what are thes called and where can i get them...someone
suggested just tying rope around the entire pipe, but I'm worried it'll burn...
please help...this is one of my projects this week, and i really want to finish it
before winter comes and the pipes get too hot to handle. thanks!

Rip them all out and change over to forced air..... no more steam pipes.

Did I mention that they kept sending me to school so they couldn't call me a dumbass no more??
On May 26, 8:57 am, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

You must keep painting them white to match the elephant sitting on the couch along side the 400 lb. gorilla.
On 26 May 2007 05:57:09 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Use some old foil back wall paper or just use your left-over Christmas wrapping paper. A pretty bow at the corner would look just dandy. Save the rope to put around your neck, tie it to a bridge and ...JUMP! Bubba
Rip out the steam and use a heat exchanger ... and do radiant floor heat. Pipes gone and heat under the floor

===========================================================Notice all of the wiseass answers in this group. All of the usual ASSHOLES giving their usual answers. You are all a bunch of FUCKING MORONS. =======================================================Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
On Sun, 27 May 2007 11:39:03 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Ron in NY) wrote:

Ron, Speaking of assholes which you have truely made of yourself.......... You sound like one of those stupid assholes that was charged $100 to change a filter because you were too stupid of an asshole to know how to change it yourself. Life must suck to be you. Bubba

What really sucks is that he is too ignorant to figure out that he can go to the local ACE Hardware and ask somebody the same question and get a reasonable answer.

===========================================================Notice all of the wiseass answers in this group. All of the usual ASSHOLES giving their usual answers. As you can see, most of them can't spell correctly either. How would you like one of them doing work at your house ?? You are all a bunch of FUCKING MORONS. =======================================================Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Maybe you can find the answer you seek from alt.home.repair or maybe HGTV, or maybe somebody that cares (good luck)
Yes there is some PVC white raping made specialy for what you want but I am sorry I am unable to tell you where can you go look for it you can try some people that do Liquid Nitrogen installations or construction people doing steam line insulations. I have used material myself but I have never both the material myself. Tony