spring has sprung

Dumped 600 postcards in the mail on Friday, and now I'm booked up for the next 2 weeks, and the phone keeps ringing. :-)
Afternoon temps are running 80F - 85F. Gonna be in for a long hot summer.
Currently the calls are split evenly between existing customers that got post cards, and new customers. 4 out of 5 of the new customers are word of mouth referals. The others are from my YP ads.
Steve wrote:

Hi, Good for you. Have a wonderful season. Don't neglect your health. Ground is snow covered here, last two nights we got dumped. Good thing I did not remove winter tires yet.
On 3/23/2011 9:06 AM, Steve wrote:

I'm getting calls too, if I can get out of bed and make it to the van without too much pain, I'll make it to the few calls I get. ^_^
TDD

Sounds like it was a good investment for you mailing out postcards. You got a good initial response and no doubt more will call as it gets even hotter outside. Curious...how much did it cost you to send each postcard and what size was it ?

Sounds like it was a good investment for you mailing out postcards. You got a good initial response and no doubt more will call as it gets even hotter outside. Curious...how much did it cost you to send each postcard and what size was it ?
Standard post cards.... $72 to have 600 cards printed up @ Office Depot, and $140 for stamps. They were all hand addressed by my GFs mother... that was free.
They do work.... start with your existing customer base. You can expand from there. The initial 600 mailing was to my existing customer base. I may send out another batch next month if I can get caught up. Keep the cards simple.... Big company logo, a "call to action" "ITS TIME TO GET YOUR A/C SERVICED!!" and big phone number. Lots of white space, don't clutter it up. You literally have a second and a half to get their attention before it hits the trash. Make that second and a half count.
Closed on 3 sales this week because of those cards.... A 3 ton 15SEER heat pump system(ripping out a 4 ton), a 3 ton 15SEER dual fuel/hybrid system(ripping out a 4 ton HP with electric strips), and....... a pair of 15SEER dual fuel/ hybrid systems(ripping out a pair of 4 ton and going back with a 2 ton and a 2 1/2 ton). All that and more service calls than I can handle too :-)

    Wrong - she jsut hasn't told you how much it will cost you yet. But it WILL cost you :-)
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Actually she cooked me supper too :-)

    That's gonna cost you extra some day, just you wait and see ;-)
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

I figure its still paybacks for putting in a new dual fuel/hybrid system for an 85 year old woman a couple of years ago and charged her $1 for it. ;-)
On 3/24/2011 8:15 AM, Steve wrote:

Just one more step toward "Cooking your Goose".

--

Whoo-hoo...good going. Better to have too much work than not enough . And those changeouts are the best for profit making too . Gots to bail hay while you can cause our trade is seasonal .

Whoo-hoo...good going. Better to have too much work than not enough . And those changeouts are the best for profit making too . Gots to bail hay while you can cause our trade is seasonal .
BTW... get active on local message boards.... they make the phone ring too. I put in 4 systems last summer for members of one of the local boards (that I know of)... there may be more... like the one that was refered to me this afternoon, and looks like its gonna be another new system.