Spray paint on vent ducts

I am having today installation of new duct work. They have spray-painted black the entrances to the duct vents. It is an oil base paint for heat up to 212. Does anyone see any toxic issues with this. I am not concerned about the first few days of curing, but the period of use of heat flowing over these vents in the next few years.
I also had at the cost of $600 a allergy-type system for allergy problems, so I had previuosly expressed my concern over these problems and was dismayed when they started installing the second floor and saw that they had spray-painted the vents. The other floor (a separate system) has already been completed.
Can anyone give advise. Thanks.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:03:13 -0400, "Dee Randall"

Black spray paint will kill you dead. You have a very serious problem on your hand.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Make it simple
The installers spay the outlets black to make the job look better so you will not look up into the outlets and see bright metal.
If you are worried about the spray, just ask the city inspector when her or she comes out to check the job and ask them. If the company used the wrong paint they will make the company fix the problem.
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:03:13 -0400, "Dee Randall"

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

While your their ask if there any loony hospitals you both can be admitted too! Lets waist the inspectors time. Heck, why not call the paint company or send a certified receipt requested letter for information concerning this very serious situation!! LOL
I can't believe this poster, think about it , your house is FULL OF Formaldehyde which is very toxic, and your afraid of some black paint? you have 1 million times more polutants in your new car than that can of paint. I can't believe this crap. Finally a story about a company that does something right for the customer and they come here thinking one can of spray paint is going to kill them over 20 years.
I wonder if you have fillings in your teeth if so you better get a drill and get them out, mercury is deadly. You should also worry about the radon in the basement! What about the glue in all the furniture, or the varnish may have harmful resins in them. Did you know that there is sap in the wood that your home is made of? Havent you ever smelled new wood? THAT TERRIBLE POLUTANT IS IN YOUR HOME FOREVER!!!! AHHHHHH!!! Do you have a microwave oven? What about plastic dishes used in the microwave oven, did you know they produce lethal levels of toxins unless they are of a special type?
You have serious problems if spary paint in a duct system that will never go over about 110 degrees is making you nervous.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Lets not forget, what if the coil springs a leak? Refrigerant..bad.... Or the paint on the blower wheel, motor thats in the air stream, the galvanized parts, and lord, what if hes got that nasty flex duct made of polymers? OH NO...the REGISTERS have paint on them!!!!! The return does tooo!!!!!
Lets hope and pray that if its a gas unit, the installers are bright enough to crank up the heat for about 10 minutes before this nutcase goes in to live in it...imagine the first time it fires..LOL

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Do you know what happens when you breath that ozone coming off your sweeper, TV and electric fan motor on the hvac system!!!
What about all the mercury thats in the thermostat or electronic boards!! AHHHHHHHHH
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Just coat it with muratic acid and hit it with a 60-grit belt sander. That will take care of the fumes.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.