Sporlan TEV Bulbs - Just how horizontal??

Sporlan recommends "horizontal" for the TEV bulb installation on the suction line exiting the evaporator. Just how horizontal is important. Would a gradual slope of no more then 30 degrees from horizontal be a problem?
Howard wrote:

Nope

What position will you mount the bulb? Top(12 o'clock)? Bottom(6 o'clock)? Where should it go and why?
-zero

I'd mount it in the "shotgun" position for easier access...

In general, lines less than 7/8, anywhere except 6 o'clock. 7/8 and greater 4 or 8 o'clock and never in a trap or downstream of a trap. Id reccommend the OP go to Sporlans web site. All questions can be answered there.
On 9 Feb 2007 19:50:30 -0800, "Power's Mechanical"

I actually did email Sporlan and here's what they said. (in other words they don't have a clue).
"I don't know if there is a definitive answer to your question.
It would be better on a "more-horizontal" line than a "more-veritical" line.
If you are experiencing issues it may be a matter of trial and error to find the best location."
==========================Technical Support Sporlan Valve Division Parker Hannifin Corporation Phone: 636-239-1111 Fax: 636-390-4835 ==========================
wrote in message

Thanks/Sorry Mike & everyone. I wanted the post to be a information quest type of question for Howard, however I failed to address it TO Howard and left it open ended. 8-O
Oh well, Dido's reply was kind of interesting. <g>
-zero

depend on size of line

depend on size of line