Smell and slow fan

Had a burnt electronics smell in the house and finally traced it down to the AC. The fan is running at reduced speed and the inside smells like burnt electronics. Looks like I've got 115 going to the fan motor... fried windings in the motor? Could the controller still be the problem?

Where are the lost 5 volts? You should have 120 volts going to the motor.
Sounds like you have an electrical leak somewhere.
Oscar_Lives wrote:

115-120. The smell appears to be coming from the big capacitor off the motor... I'm assuming this is the problem.

HOW ABOUT USE SOME BUBBLE SOAP FOR LEAK TEST from DIDO

Howz bout you stick that CAPS LOCK key up your butt? Bubba
Nate wrote:

You need a new motor. The board is sending the proper voltage along where and when it needs to and is ok. Ignore the comedy and replace the motor and run cap, youll be fine.

But Mikey, he wants it for free....and what if hes got a heat pump? Gee..thats a 220VAC motor and hes NOT got the right voltage to it.
aka-SBM wrote:

What if its a locomotive?
Power's Mechanical posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Then refer to postings of *a student* he'll get things back on track!
--
Tekkie