Small AC system?

The central air in my home is a 5 ton unit yet still too small for size of the house. It was way too expensive to add a 2nd compressor and 2 zone system at the time.
I have a 2nd floor section of the house (2br, 1bath) that isnt adequately cooled by the central AC (but heating is just fine). This area, based on a nice online worksheet calculation, probably needs something small on the order of 11K BTU for the entire area. Probably even less since the existing central air does some cooling Id like to put a small AC system in that section of the house, seperate from the existing central air, to augment the central. If using a portable AC floor mount, Im concerned that cool air blowing from a single source would be well enough distributed to the 3 rooms.
Is there a small AC unit that would allow cold air distribution via ducts or coils to the three rooms? This is also something Id like to install myself.
Any tips appreciated.
thanks!
trs80 wrote:

It can be done, however I don't know that it would be any less expensive than just adding another system for your floor, having it ducted to all 3 rooms is what drives the cost up.
Fat Eddy www.hvactalkforum.com
I guess im learning thats the case. What should a small compressor with air handling to 3 rooms, new ducts and new air intake run to install?

The cost is one million dollars, now go the fuck away.
trs80 posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Obviously you have not researched this before belching out your question. We cannot analyze over the Internet - our crystal balls are cloudy. This group is for professional not homeowner discussion. Your post also belongs in alt.home.repair it may be answered there. Search Google on this subject, is it broken at your house? Google is your friend http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair Do I have to do the rest too?
--
Tekkie