small (2000 btu/hr) units?

Newbie question: I live in the tropics and would like to reduce 70 percent relative humidity and 30+ C temperatures in my sleeping space (to say 40 RH and 27 C, ie focus on humidity reduction). Since building enclosures are leaky and hot I'm thinking of a small (say 25 cubic meter) tent-like space, in effect a room within the room. Seems to me that 2000 btus capacity would do the trick but there is nothing here (Bangkok) less than 9000 and most people use 12000 for bedrooms (90 percent split units) so they can cool the concrete that heats in the afternoon sun.
Would a small machine be thermodynamically infeasible? Are there say small units, say for small cars or boats, that could be adapted? Has the military come up with any good stuff for tents? you would think that someone would have shown interest in smaller units -- big energy savings -- but maybe there is some technical reason aside from market considerations?
Thanks for any ideas on this.
Swelters
Take a look at http://www.mcleanthermal.com/airConditioners/index.jsp
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I know of no such device as a 2,000 BTU air conditioner. Though, it would be possible to build with a fractional HP compressor. Have you consulted with some local HVAC folks?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.