sluggish 3 phase motor

Page 2 of 3

Joseph,
Depending on your interest and current understanding, ALL of the books by Mike Holt are strongly recommended.
http://www.mikeholt.com/index.php?id=homegeneral
His electrical theory series (I think it's 4-5 books) is excellent from beginner through advanced. Based on what I've seen here... there's one on AC, motors and transformers that would be helpful to a lot of posters.
Jake

Great stuff, Jake!
Thanks for the referral!

Ya, nice posts, Jake!
--
Respectfully, Bob

Ditto, Thanks Jake and thanks Oscar
Joseph

Jake Thank you ! for your input and explaining to my question From Dido
All of others that like to criticize go suck on egg

Dido says "go suck on egg" I think that places his origin in a Slavic country?
go suck on egg

mamar me huevos?

FINALLY HE GETS IT!!! Instead of trying to answer questions that he's not qualified to answer, he ASKS a question to further his knowledge! We can only hope that this is the start of a new trend for Dido! Good going Dido! Are you seeing this, Stormy?? It would be really nice if we could get the both of you to understand this concept!
--
Respectfully, Bob

wrote

my bottom hole and your NOSE

wrote

We'll be giving Dildo a Minon card by the first of they year if he keeps this up...
AKS wrote:

Call it what it is....a Corner-grounded Delta. If you look inside the disconnect you'll see that A and B phases have normal fuses. The C phase will have a "solid neutral" which is basically a piece of copper tubing with a UL sticker on it. If you look closer you will see that that phase is taken to ground, which is why you were measuring 0 volts to ground on that phase....because its already grounded.

From Dido

Get the popcorn. We have a couple of BRILLIANTS starting a discussion here...

Oscar_Lives wrote:

Typical response from you Oscar_Sucks......no technical discussion whatsoever. What's the matter Oscar? Still peeved about how I've shown repeatedly how you and your butt buddy fellow minions are complete idiots when it involves the electical requiements of the very equipment that you install? Or is it just that the topic is over yer head? Have you and Boy Paul figured out the difference between MOP and MCA yet?

Hey Volts:
You are obviously a wanna-be EE, but more likely an unlicensed electrician operating out of a Pinto Stationwagon. Your self-promotional behavior, along with your need to be the recognized expert are just symptoms of your sociopathic tendancies. My guess is that your mother was a whore or a crack addict, and you were taken away from her at a very young age and raised in foster homes and state institutions until you were 16. Your lack of bonding with a parental figure as a toddler is quite obvious.
Sense of entitlement; Unremorseful; Apathetic to others; Unconscionable behavior; Blameful of others; Manipulative and conning; Affectively cold; Disparate understanding; Socially irresponsible; Disregardful of obligations; Nonconforming to norms; Irresponsible
1. Failure to conform to social norms; 2. Deceitfulness, manipulativeness; 3. Impulsivity, failure to plan ahead; 4. Irritability, aggressiveness; 5. Reckless disregard for the safety of self or others; 6. Consistent irresponsibility; 7. Lack of remorse after having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another person
Egocentricity; Callousness; Impulsivity; Conscience defect; Exaggerated sexuality; Excessive boasting; Risk taking; Inability to resist temptation; Antagonistic, deprecating attitude toward the opposite sex; Lack of interest in bonding with a mate
Glib and superficial charm; Grandiose sense of self-worth; Need for stimulation; Pathological lying; Conning and manipulativeness; Lack of remorse or guilt; Shallow affect; Callousness and lack of empathy; Parasitic lifestyle; Poor behavioral controls; Promiscuous sexual behavior; Early behavior problems; Lack of realistic, long-term goals; Impulsivity; Irresponsibility; Failure to accept responsibility for own actions; Many short-term marital relationships; Juvenile delinquency; Revocation of conditional release; Criminal versatility

You know my ex wife don't you.
<Al Moran> wrote in message

You married the bitch too?
Oscar_Lives wrote:

Damn Oscar, you can make a contribution! Now go insert that treatise of your's in the charter for alt.hvac and you'll have a perfect description of the majority of puds in this NG. I merely respond in kind, so, if you perceive me that way, my job is done, as you're only getting back what you give.

Wrong, I don't give a shit, but you are spouting tons of it...
> Call it what it is....a Corner-grounded Delta. If you look inside the

Geeze... I get busy for a couple of days and you guys go nuts on Volty.
Volty and I have had some debates in the past... and rarely agree. This is another example of that.
Volty immediately made the assumption this system was a corner-grounded delta. In my business, I can't afford those kind of assumptions...
Corner-grounded deltas are around... but they're most likely in older facilities that, in trying to comply with new code... have grounded their floating delta systems. For the un-initiated, this is done to insure a quick circuit (fuse) clearance in the event of a ground fault.
I've never seen this done on a smaller system (less than 500 kVa) because it's usually cheaper just to upgrade the whole shebang.
Dido said (I think) this was a separate 3 phase service for running a couple of 25 hp compressors. That should be somewhere around 70 kVa.
Anybody throwing that together would use a open delta because it's cheap.... 2 transformers instead of three.
In certain configurations, especially if the service only provides 3 phase (open deltas are great for single phase services too) one phase will float ground potential all over the map...
Jake