Slightly off topic ; Has anyone tried electrifying their aluminum window frame with 110 v. for burglars ???

Theres a couple of shady characters in the neighborhood and living on my own im often away from the house . There is one particular window that is on the backside of the house that would be ideal to break into because it is obscured well -- all the others are too visible . If an aluminum window sash is surrounded by wood, bringing 110 v. to the aluminum frame should not trip the breaker I would imagine (?) . If the frame were then touched , a circuit should be made to ground thru the persons body giving him a shock. Directly outside the window is sandy soil . I dont want to kill anyone , only give them a darn good wakeup call . How do u think it would work out ? Any risk of fire ? Any tips , thoughts at making this work well ? Thanks much. P.S. In my state, Castle Law is in effect , like Texas .
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 13:15:50 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

    Depends - how good is your lawyer ?

    If you're planning on going pro se, I suggest not. You're obviously incapable of it.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
✖
On Oct 5, 4:29 pm, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Your reply was the least helpful . Please dont post anymore .
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 07:49:25 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

    Did you want to kiss my ass now, or later ? I know you want to ......
    ps - my reply was the very BEST advice you ever got in your life. Unless you want a new roomy of an ethnicity yet to be determined for the next 5 years.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
✖
On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 07:49:25 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Milligan doesn't mean to be helpful, he's caustic and tries to moderate a non moderated newsgroup with his nasty personality. Best described as:
"Your parameters could be viewed as prejudicial, assumptive, and exclusionary - a form of oppression."
He won't go away and the best way to handle trash is to kill file him to your trash bin. I just ignore the asshole as well as his minions. It's too bad because he is knowledgeable in the HVAC trade though he's also typical of not knowing everything but believing he does. I retired from the trade after 40 years. There was a time when the techncians were civil, helpful and decent in their social intercourse especially with each other. Today you'll still find them that way but you will have to look much harder. When you see them on this group and not in the field, that should tell you something right there. I never had the time to play in discussion groups. I was too busy working.
That being said, charging 120VAC to a metal window frame is a bit radical, don't you think? My first thoughts of that post were that something thinks he's being funny. What when the cat jumps up there or your granddaughter decided to bite the frame or you just accidently touch it yourself? More people die from 120V than any other voltage and even if a burglar gets killed from such a stunt, plan on spending a lot of time in jail. Try "GE - Protect America" and for a mere $29.95 a month, you get full protection of your property.
ZS
Add pictures here
✖

No pets, no grandkids...just me. Yes, i think its a bit radical...but the idea is appealing. I read where a guy who was tired of his garage being broken into rigged up partially bare wire on the inside of the garage by the door and window and could control it by a hidden switch. The same Burglar came by again only this time he got a really good shock and screamed loudly and was caught in the act. As for Milligan (if thats his name) , the guy hasnt changed his persona over time .... hes obviously someone who is not a credit to the HVAC Trade and is plauged with hostility and general jerkiness . Im hvac retired too and the guy hasnt changed in the last 10 years i occassionally visit this NG. What are you doing with all your spare time now that youre retired ? Ive got plenty to keep me busy .
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 09:15:21 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

We travel. We bought a travel trailer and put our house on the market, though we did buy another house in Arizona. We are still tired of winter. We were lucky that the house sold in 34 days but the price was right. Since then, we travel across the US, last year putting over 10,000 miles on the rig. This year we took two trips, from Arizona to the east coast and out to Puerto Rico and then another trip to Frisco, Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore and the Grand Canyon. We have a few more trips to make before we park the trailer and leave for Europe. We plan to keep going as long as our health holds out.
Add pictures here
✖

Never tried that with house current before, but I have loaded up a transmitter on aluminium window frames in a 3 story barracks building before and used them for an antenna tho. It actually worked pretty good.... other than it caused some issues with the pay phones in the building. Play on the radio for 30 minutes or so, and there is no more line to use the phones. LOL
Add pictures here
✖
You might have better success, and less liability, with window bars. Yes, that would risk fire, death, etc.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

If you're worried about a chemical attack, just use duct tape & plastic. At least that's what the last administration advised.
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 5, 1:15 pm, "Shit4Brains" wrote:
That's what you get for buying a cheap assed trailer in the ghetto, FOOL!
Add pictures here
✖

There would not be a problem with power, However? if someone gets kill you are going in prison for long time even if it happen to be a robber! check with your local law enforcement.
Add pictures here
✖
I did read about a guy who put an electrical fence system on the window frames of his house... worked pretty well, or so I read... better then 120 volts.. but still not a great idea!!!!!!

You sound like a big pussy who has to resort to passive aggressive responses because your nuts are way too small to address them directly.
Hope your house burns down.
Add pictures here
✖