Sizing HVAC System for Retail Store

We had a new 2.5 ton HVAC system installed in a 1,000 sq ft retail store recently. The unit appears to be undersized.
I have talked to my contractor, who insists that the unit is adequate, and blames the problem on poor airflow (the registers are at floor level). I am highly skeptical of that explanation, as the temp never drops below 82 degrees, even at floor level.
Is there any information available on-line that would let me do my own heat load calculations so that I can indecently verify what my contractor is telling me?
Thanks,
--
Mike Schumann

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 09:35:40 -0500, "Mike Schumann"

Hire a competent company to do a proper load calculation. When you get the answer you want, call the installing company back, advise them of what they need to install and your bill for the load calculation or off to court you go. Bubba