Settings for a humidifier

I need to know what setting to put on my humidifier for a 7000 square-foot house when the temperature outside is 70° and above and also 70 and below what's the percentage so my windows don't sweat?

Reply to
Taya

Modern whole house humidifiers employ a humidistat which senses outdoor temperatures and adjusts indoor humidity accordingly. The specific % humidity to prevent sweating windows changes with both indoor and outdoor temperatures, window characteristics, etc. i would suggest you install such a humidistat if you don't already have one. Aprilaire makes a very well designed unit I use here. Their wrbsite also offers good information on humidity control if you merely want more knowledge on this subject.

Reply to
Smarty

SnA Higgins

First where do you live? Do you have zone HVAC system? Is your house pretty air tight(good insulation)? Style of house? Even automatic humidifier needs manual tweaks. When I installed Aprilaire I did not opt for automatic one.

Reply to
Tony Hwang