Settings for a humidifier

I need to know what setting to put on my humidifier for a 7000 square-foot house when the temperature outside is 70° and above and also 70 and below what's the percentage so my windows don't sweat?

Modern whole house humidifiers employ a humidistat which senses outdoor temperatures and adjusts indoor humidity accordingly. The specific % humidity to prevent sweating windows changes with both indoor and outdoor temperatures, window characteristics, etc. i would suggest you install such a humidistat if you don't already have one. Aprilaire makes a very well designed unit I use here. Their wrbsite also offers good information on humidity control if you merely want more knowledge on this subject.

http://www.askthebuilder.com/humidity-settings-vs-temperature-humidity-tables/
Taya wrote:

First where do you live? Do you have zone HVAC system? Is your house pretty air tight(good insulation)? Style of house? Even automatic humidifier needs manual tweaks. When I installed Aprilaire I did not opt for automatic one.