self install

Page 2 of 2

Yep, I remember that one too... every port was connected. LOL
I take that as NO they don't and NO they won't.
BTW, nice to see you might get raped on a Goodman unit. LOL
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Well jmartinez;
I guess your mind is made up. Good luck then. But don't expect a contractor to help you when this *is* their / my trade, and although I'm not in your neck of the woods, I feel it would be more prudent if you hired a licensed, trained *contractor.*
BTW: In the state of California, when you are a licensed contractor, we are required to *write* a contract when the *total* job is over $750. That contract is to spell out the materials & equipment for a *specific price.* Also, under the State Board of Equilization, it is also required that way since contractors are selling a *completed system* including labor. The Sales Tax paid is technically a *use tax.* Not a sales tax, and therefore is generally calculated differently. If you find a contractor who *will* break the price down, he's not doing it correctly [according to the Department of Consumer Affairs for the State of California & The State Board of Equilization.] He can, it's just not correct.
The other issue is the refrigerant contained within a self-contained package unit is not of a insignificant quanity. The refrigerant within the equipment is an inrigal part and it won't run without it. So, one of the reason(s) you can't seem to find a distributor who'll release a unit is because you are not EPA certified. Nor do you have a resale permit for sales tax. Most distributors may not want to handle the sales tax for you [since it's going to be only one sale in 20 years.]
Did ya notice they don't sell these things at Home Depot? They direct you to a licensed contractor?
FWIW: The Goodman unit warranty specifically states there is "No Warranty" when purchased through the internet. It *must* be installed by a licensed and trained contractor.
--
Zyp

refrigerant
trained,
But that would cost money!

The only break he needs is up his ass.
I'd suggest you call the local building department, and see if it's legal to do this one yourself. Some commercially made roof units are all one piece. It's lifted up by crane, and bolted in place. then wired, and fastened on. If your unit has a separate condensor, then you'll need some soldering and brazing skill.
--

Christopher A. Young
(Using backup computer. In a couple

I will replace the unit I have with a like kind unit which is ac and heating in one unit. So electrical and gas is already in place so as I see it getting the old one down and new one up is the challenge and for that matter I will probably go to united rental and rent equipment to remove and place a new unit.

in message

Exactly what would you solder on that unit?

I want to know what it is on a rooftop uint that Stormy is bolting and fastening even though I know he's never installed a rooftop unit in his Mormy life. Now of course CA probably has a reg where it may have to be bolted but Stormy aint in CA. Bubba
On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 22:04:00 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

j, No problem. I can fix you right up. I will setup the crane that will come to your home. I can have the unit delivered to your home. Its really simple. Just send me your address, the day/time you want the unit and crane at your home and send my pay-pal account $25,000 and I will fullfill your request. Bubba