Seeking Suggestions/Tips before covering up the central A/C for the season.

Page 1 of 2
I guess I'll be opening up the panels and get any debris or dust that may have accumulated, but besides that, are there other procedures I should perform before I cover up the central A/C until next summer?
Yes, it's already getting chilly here in Edmonton, Alberta. There's even a frost warning out for overnight. So, I figure using the A/C won't be necessary until next summer. Thanks.

A good rinsing with a solution of boraic acid, then muratic acid cleans the coils very well along with a light belt sanding. Dont thank me. I do this everyday. Thank someone like Stormy, DaNgER, or one of the other baboons that squeezed in through the crack in the skylight. Bubba

Where can I get a hold of the solutions you mentioned above? Thanks.

Bubba, you might want to let this one off the hook... LOL

Oh, and another thing, are these acid solutions sold as ready to use, or do I have to dilute the acid solution with water? If so, what would be the recommended ratio? Thanks.

Bubba??????

For the ones Bubba listed, use a 1-1 ratio. However, if you use Hydrochloric acid, just use it straight and rinse the unit off 10 mins after application. This is much easier since you don't have to mess around with measuring and mixing the solution.
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

And you probably won't have to clean the coil next year, seeing how *there won't be a coil.*
--
Zyp

Im sorry. I got distracted. I was listening to the wind whip through one of your ears and right out the other end.
Bubba

Wouldn't you know it, just as I was done with cleaning the A/C unit with the recommended solutions, the weather turned warm and needed to have the A/C come on again.
But I find that it's making some awful weird noise and it's vibrating violently as well. Any idea? I've left a message with my A/C technician, but in the meantime, if someone can suggest some of the things I can look into, I'd appreciate it.
.

Holy Moses,
How about the old "smite with thy rod" trick? Couldn't hurt to try?
-zero
8-)
How much water would issue forth from the AC...... no, I guess it would be freon. Sorry.
--

Christopher A. Young
(Using backup computer. In a couple
Bubba wrote:

    You know it is one thing to refuse to help a person with a problem or suggest that he seek a professional to solve it, but to suggest advice that will ruin his system is quite another. It is no wonder that people are trying to repair their own units or determine what is wrong BEFORE calling a HVAC person. You have made it very clear that some so called "Professionals" are nothing more that insecure individuals who fear that someone will find out just how few unique skills they really have.
    If the HVAC trade were my field I would be ashamed of someone like you being associated with the same trade. In fact, I would be ashamed of you being associated with ANY trade.
    To those in your trade (if you really have one) and are ashamed of someone like you, no blanket criticism is intended. But for YOU, go ahead and flame me with your limited vocabulary. You will only confirm my opinion of you.

The office you need is down the hall and to the left.
D'uh. Everybody knows to use a light coating of Pam cooking spray on the condensor fins to keep them from corroding.
Hope everyone likes my school year book picture from 1951.
--
Christopher A. Young (Using backup computer. In a couple days I will be back on my regular email adress.) . .

Hey Ken, no worries. I figured the fucker was BS'ing. The sad thing is, he probably was patting himself on the back with that reply. Anyway, have a nice day.

Ken, this is a newsgroup. People don't come in here looking to hire an HVAC company. The OP got exactly what he paid for, nothing for nothing.

Holy shit, I feel sorry for you. You must have one shitty fucking job. LOL!

Yeah, don't cover it!!!!!!!!

Why not?