Seeking Aircon experts for refinement of aircon efficiency improvement solutions

Hello group,
I'm an Electrical Engineer in Germany and my focus is on energy efficiency solutions, mainly for buildings (lighting, hvac).
I'm seeking motivated air conditioning experts to help me evaluate and refine an AC energy efficiency concept (by email, skype, phone or in person, depending on your location).
If your profile looks roughly like this, I'd love to hear from you:
- Knowledge of all common types/sizes of aircon systems, especially DX systems
- "Hands-on" experience in the air conditioning industry (designing, installing and servicing AC equipment)
- Interested in promoting energy efficiency improvements.
Looking forward to your feedback!
Best regards, Thomas

From what I see published, Germany on domestic buildings, already surpasses every other European country (and I'd presume everyone else) on passive thermal efficiency. However on commercial buildings, there's a lot more out there and while the basic premis for energy efficiency should not be discounted, the drivers will always be what is it that the stakeholders want to see delivered. CIBSE (Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers) seem to have some prominence in dealing with these issues and you could do worse than look them up. As an electrical engineer involved in building services, a relationship with the Elec Engineers at CIBSE might also be of benefit to you.

Thomas, From what I see published, Germany on domestic buildings, already surpasses every other European country (and I'd presume everyone else) on passive thermal efficiency. However on commercial buildings, there's a lot more out there and while the basic premis for energy efficiency should not be discounted, the drivers will always be what is it that the stakeholders want to see delivered. CIBSE (Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers) seem to have some prominence in dealing with these issues and you could do worse than look them up. As an electrical engineer involved in building services, a relationship with the Elec Engineers at CIBSE might also be of benefit to you.
wrote in message

I always wondered if building a swamp cooler around the condenser and running the condensate to the swamp cooler would increase efficiency?
digitalmaster wrote:

Umm, this is essentially what a cooling tower does. The water is evaporatively cooled, and is used to cool a refrigerant-to-water condenser. That is very standard industrial air conditioning practice, at least in the US.
Jon

I was thinking the condenser fan could pull air through the swamp cooler,cooling it before it got to the condenser coils.Then the precooled air would flow across the condenser as normal.I wonder if the temp difference of the air would make up for the extra draw on the fan?

Damit! Making me lookup "skype". How dare you. Bubba