Saw a commercial Icebank Air-conditioning System in Branson, MO last week

125 ton Trane air cooled chiller sitting on a slab circulating glycol thru 8 large storage tanks next to the chiller . The chilled water was pumped under the parking lot to a couple of very large Trane central station Air Handlers that were outside on a slab . This system handled just the 3,000 seat Auditorium at a Conference Center.
Add pictures here
✖
Which refrigerant? What can you tell us about this behemoth?
125 ton Trane air cooled chiller sitting on a slab circulating glycol thru 8 large storage tanks next to the chiller . The chilled water was pumped under the parking lot to a couple of very large Trane central station Air Handlers that were outside on a slab . This system handled just the 3,000 seat Auditorium at a Conference Center.
Add pictures here
✖
On May 5, 8:56 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Here is the system that was there incl. diagrams on how it works : http://www.calmac.com/products/icebank.asp . It makes ice during the night hours when electricity is cheapest then during the day the ice serves to chill the water which is sent out to the two AIrhandlers which were located some 150' away . The amount of ice made during the night, is typically good for 6-8 hours of daytime cooling and on non scorching days, the chiller can remain off all day long , or, it can operate along with the ice melting if need be. Automatic valves direct WHERE the chilled water comes from ...either the ice bank Containers or the Chiller. Next to the air cooled Chiller was a small concrete building where the pumps and controls were at and right outside of the building were the 8 storage tanks and chiller next to them. The location of the icemaking equipment was some 100 yards from the AHU's via piping under the parking lot. Theres many Theatre/Auditoriums in Branson, MO for entertainment and alot of them use this particular brand of Icebank cooling i noticed. I should have taken a video...sorry i didnt.
Add pictures here
✖

How about system that runs at -97 below zero Fahrenheit continually.
Four (4) compressors Vilters 200 HP. each, two run at time, if something happen two first ones, second two picks up automatically, or you can alternate between two which you wish to run first or second. Refrigerants first stage in either system operate with R-502 and second stage operates with R-503,
Now this system would operate with R-404 and R-508. Div. of Warren Lambert Dublin Ireland I been there three times to set up systems and get them operational.
Add pictures here
✖

What applications are these used in ???
Add pictures here
✖

What applications are these used in ???
This was done for production of medicine, what type? Brine consist of some type of Lysol which was pump through the plates/platen in the Vacuum chambers. In late 1976 there no web sites and I don't know if are still under same name
Add pictures here
✖

I tried doing a google on the manufacturer as well as the system but couldnt come up with anything. Please post a link to the system you described if you can. Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖

I tried doing a google on the manufacturer as well as the system but couldnt come up with anything. Please post a link to the system you described if you can. Thanks.
If I find something in my archives will be glad to post!
Add pictures here
✖
face=Verdana>...<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; 125 ton Trane air cooled chiller sitting on a slab circulating glycol<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; thru 8 large storage tanks next to the chiller . The chilled water<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; was pumped under the parking lot to a couple of very large Trane<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; central station Air Handlers that were outside on a slab . This<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; system handled just the 3,000 seat Auditorium at a Conference<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; Center.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; How about system that runs at -97 below zero Fahrenheit continually.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Four (4) compressors Vilters 200 HP. each, two run at time, if something happen two first ones, second two picks up<BR>&gt;&gt; automatically, or you can alternate between two which you wish to run first or second. Refrigerants first stage in<BR>&gt;&gt; either system operate with R-502 and second stage operates with R-503,<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Now this system would operate with R-404 and R-508. Div. of Warner Lambert Dublin Ireland I been there three times to<BR>&gt;&gt; set up systems and get them operational.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I tried doing a google on the manufacturer as well as the system but<BR>&gt; couldnt come up with anything.&nbsp; Please post a link to the system you<BR>&gt; described if you can.&nbsp; Thanks.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; If I find something in my archives will be glad to post! <BR>&gt; <BR><EM><STRONG>It was original Warner Lambert Co. Both by? </STRONG></EM></FONT></DIV> <DIV><A href="http://www.nndb.com/company/163/000123791 /"><FONT face=Verdana>http://www.nndb.com/company/163/000123791 /</FONT></A></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=
Add pictures here
✖