Ruud, Goodman, Trane, Carrier overstock site Ductless AC and Gas Furnaces

I found a new site, doesnt look like its quite ready yet but it has some pretty smoking prices on 16 SEER AC systems by RUUD and Weatherking etc. Anyone heard of these guys?

Looks like they have Mitsubishi Mr. Slim Ductless Air, Goodman Heat Pump, Ruud Heat pump, Ductless AC, and even Carrier products, which must be a new thing.

The AC Systems and ductless air conditioning systems seem to be the cheapest AC systems ive seen on the internet.

The gas furnace prices are really low as well as the electric furnaces. Seems they even have AMCOR ductless systems, which I happen to really think are amazing equipment for the price

Check them out, here is a really inexpensive Weatherking furnace:

If anyone knows of any other great deals drop me a line... always keeping a watchful eye out

Thanks Jim

Reply to
Jim Merol

I think you need to peddle your crap on down the road somewhere else Jimmy. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Thanx Jim, that site has been reported to the Rheem/RUUD/Weatherking manufacturer for legal action. BTW, you are aware that *ANY* of this manufacturers equipment that is bought over the internet voids the factory warranty, aren't you??

Have a nice day :-)

Reply to
Steve

Hey I also found simiiar deals etc on a site called acdirect.com Did you guys see that site? I have seen it for a few years so you mean they sell stuff without warranties???

Thanks JIm

Reply to
Jim Merol

Reply to
Jim Merol

Hello Bubba, are you an AC Installer?

Thanks

Jim

Reply to
Jim Merol

Hey Gentleman, doesnt look like "crap" at all. Bubba, why WOULD you attack that guy? If there is a site with equipment that has savings, why would you be upset? Im confused!

Reply to
The Guardsman

Why has the site been reported for legal action? What about noline companies such as smarterway, acdirect, acwholesalers, and alpine air? Could you please explain? Thanks

Jim

Reply to
Jim Merol

Hey "Steve" you are peddling LIES. This is NOT true about "void warranties" as you said. An ABSOLUTE LIE. I bought a Goodman Heat Pump last year from the internet and it went bad after 12 months and was replaced within 10 days. Hey, bypassing the contractor saved me THOUSANDS. You guys must be contractors who dont feel that your price on labor is not enough for you so you need to bilk the consumer with another 40-50% markup on equipment too. No doubt. I am a happy internet customer.

EM

Reply to
Embareck Mesbahi

Its real obvious your not in the trade, otherwise you would *KNOW* that almost *ALL* manufacturers warranties are null and void if the equipment is purchased over the internet. Yes they can identify who bought what, how, and where. Its tracked by serial number. There have been numerous tech bulletins about it. This is also clearly stated in the warranty paperwork that comes with the new equipment.

Your turn

Reply to
Noon-Air

The *EXACT* verbage for Rheem/RUUD/Weatherking factory warranty reads as follows...

"Rheem does not authorize or wattanty any online/internet sale of equipment through auction websites or any other method of online sales direct to the consumer."

Reply to
Noon-Air

Reply to
Noon-Air

Jim I am not HVAC person but let me make comment that are not such thing as duct less it is advertise that way but they don't tell you that you need to duct condenser air in and out. Yes you do not need duct work like central AC unit but you still need to duct condenser please be ware of . There is also spot cooling units use in industries however are no good for home use Tony

Reply to
Old and Grunpy

Even the likes of Goodman has ammended their warranties to read that internet purchases void their warranties.

Reply to
Steve

Jim, Please dont cry. Stand up and be a man. Grow a set of balls. This is only the internet. Just because I typed something you didnt like doesnt mean you are going to die or shrivel up or fade away. You WILL be ok. By the way, NO, I am not a hvac installer. I AM an hvac owner though. Over 25 yrs now. Just so you know..........Almost all hvac manufacturers void the warranty on equipment purchased over the internet. Just pick your favorite brand, go to the manufacturers website and read their warranty. Here is just one of them:

Read halfway down the left column. The sentence starts with the word "NEITHER". (Its actually the second one that starts with "neither") Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Christ! Get a grip. Half the idiots like you are such whinners. Im actually doing you and them a favor. Tell me where the savings are??? I know the prices of most of that crap. You arent getting a deal. You especially arent getting a deal when you buy a system, the compressor goes bad in a week, month, etc and the installer that comes says, "Oh gee by the way. Your compressor is bad. It was an internet purchase (as easily found by searching the serial number) so your new air conditioner that was such a deal is now going to cost you about 1 to 2 grand to repair. Price varies by area and company. Again, tell me now, Where this great savings was? This is a very real scenario. If you were to buy it off the internet, WHO are you going to get to install it? You think you are going to find a professional to do it? Think again. Almost none will. Why would I install your equipment and give you a warranty when you bought it? I dont work that way. You buy it from me and you pay a fair mark up and you pay for all materials and labor. In return you get a full warrany that I will back until the warranty runs out. Simple as that. I dont like buying items with no warranty. Would you buy a refrigerator or laptop computer or car over the internet if it came with no warranty? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

What savings... There is no warranter, you cannot sell the installation to building inspectors. The property has to be clear of all building infractions to resell it. Most of that stuff is not overstock and is usually undelivered and from truck accidents. Overstock is normally sold by the distributors at cutrate or Auction prices to dealers. Seldom are they outlet to the general public, due to all of the new restrictions and consumer liability laws. For a while all socalled resellers of such had to remove the nomenclature tags to negate any warranty issues. But now they are just struck from the books for warranty purposes. I can put you in touch with an Apartment owner that got his ass bit good by purchasing and installing such items. If you live in a third world nation..It might fly.

Reply to
Don Ocean

In my locale, the sale of a home or whatever. There has to be a final inspection filed on all installs in order to sell the home. Serial numbers are pulled on anything that lacks that tag. They track it directly to the buyer and fine the shit out him/her for not being licensed and several other things that amounts to roughly $3,000 for first offense.. It is listed as a Quasifelony. Also the install has to be ripped out and reinstalled by a licensed contractor. Guess who pays? Most contractors will not touch a job unless they also furnish the equipment. Their insurance also will not cover the liability for such either. So guess what happens to most of illegally installed equipment.. Usually ends up either at a flea market sale or the dump.. The Fleamarket sale merely recycles the same problem all over again. America is afloat in regulatories that take their job serious and are doing everything they can to justify their jobs. Do have a nice day and don't shoot yourself in th foot. If you do..Take the crybaby routine elsewhere.. Not here!

Reply to
Don Ocean

Somebody covered your ass with a license. Goodman tells me that they do not honor anyone but licensees. Want me to post that letter? Why would a one year old compressor go bad? A hacked up install without proper filters..A hacked in lineset without nitrogen purging? A non-NEC install of too small wire and protection devices? Come on lad. We want to hear the rest of the story. Who replaced that compressor and who paid the labor? Was that a Geothermal or an air to air?

Reply to
Don Ocean

That was several years ago though. I want to hear more about this last year warranty thing. I Posted to Goodmans Sales Engineer at his Texas home and have his assurance that such is not the normal case.

Reply to
Don Ocean