Running a mini refrigerator upside down?

Hey everyone,
I am looking to build a kegerator and can't find a mini fridge without a shelf at that bottom. Ideally the shelf should be at the top like this unit..
http://www.beveragefactory.com/refrigerators/beer/sanyo.shtml
I came up with the brainstorm idea of running the fridge upside down and wondered if this would be possible and reasonable to do. Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to modify the refrigerator to run upside down? I have always heard that you should never lay a refrigerator down but do not know why, can anyone explain this.
Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Real simple.....COMPRESSOR OIL

So all I would need to do is remove the compressor and flip it upside right?

Jeff your post more aptly belongs in the group < REC.CRAFTS.BREWING > more appropriate IMO
Ive set followups to target there suggest subscribe to that group in order to catch worthwhile replies.
That said, I finally brokedown and now use a commercial version--a True fridge model # GDM-47 just like those you see in the quickstop with sodas or whatever, a pair of sliding doors...easily holds 2 full kegs or a 1/2 dozen corneys homebrew...this in addition the odd thanksgiving turkey and then again lotsa milk and eggs an shit for the grandkids.

In article

There a reason you're too cheap to buy a unit actually built for what you want? By the time you get done f'ing around you could probably bought two for the price and aggravation. Go look in the mirror. You are exactly the person we mean when we say "cheap sob". Maybe instead of getting pissed, you'll think about why you think like a derelict.
Jeff Lundstrom wrote:

GRAVITY.. [ oh, and I do know where the Caps Lock key is.]
--
Zyp

Shame you weren't looking for one a couple of months ago. I bought the one shown in your link for $449 at BJs. I just checked their web site and they don't show them anymore.
Go with the freezer and put a contoller on it to keep the proper temp:
http://www.northernbrewer.com/temp-control.html