Rheem RPNE 036ja2 not starting again

The subject heat pump stopped working last fall in the heating mode. On a call for heat it just sits there. I had a tech come out he replaced a control board. Parts are under warranty labor is not. He said the soild state timer that keeps the unit from cycling on and off too fast was locked up. It cost about $300.00 for the service call. The unit has the same symptom again, I would like to know if anyone else has run into this recurring issue before I call for service again. Thanks
Dave
On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 12:12:13 -0800 (PST), dstrakele

Id be more concerned about seeing why your tech is just changing parts and guessing. Bubba

What is the serial number and what defrost board does it have in it. There have been a couple of issues with one of the boards. The board old board number is 47-21517-22 The new number is 47-21517-92 Is the tech an actual Rheem Top Contractor dealer?? or is it "Billy Joe Jim Bob" with the lowest price?? Yes it makes a difference. BTW, if the service call only cost $300, you got a hell of a deal. I would have been $400. Even with the correct board, it sounds like you got other issues and problems with the system. You need to call somebody that knows what they are doing.

The board is a 4721517-22
There are 2 leds # 1 is flashing # 2 is off- indicates a high PS lock- out. Says to short the test pins to reset.
The company I called was the outfit that repaired the system after a garage fire we had. Insurance hired them. They are a reputable company in our area but NOT a Rheem dealer. I thought it might have been something wrong with the installation.
Anyway, I will try the Rheem outfit I purchased the unit from, I appreciate the input. At least I know there is a new board available.

The board is a 4721517-22
There are 2 leds # 1 is flashing # 2 is off- indicates a high PS lock- out. Says to short the test pins to reset.
The company I called was the outfit that repaired the system after a garage fire we had. Insurance hired them. They are a reputable company in our area but NOT a Rheem dealer. I thought it might have been something wrong with the installation.
Anyway, I will try the Rheem outfit I purchased the unit from, I appreciate the input. At least I know there is a new board available.
dude, you have other issues than the board. HPS lockout doesn't happen for no reason. The refrigerant charge is probably not balanced correctly either.
On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 18:08:56 -0800 (PST), dstrakele

Why do you want to replace the board when the problem appears to be a high pressure trip.
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 06:30:41 -0500, The King

Kind of like: "Hey, my furnace doesnt work so I replaced the thermostat. Now it still doesnt work. Should I replace the thermostat with a better programmable type?" Bubba
Bubba, I'm thinking the stat needs replacement... Home Depots has the setback stats that save over 30% on energy...
geothermaljones

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 08:55:40 -0600, "geothermaljones"

Well......yes, if he can get Stormy to replace the stat then , YES, its the stat. Bubba