Returns - Are high returns needed?

I have a one story, 1000 sq ft house. All the returns are low. Would adding a high return increase the efficiency of the A/C system?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

For cooling, that might help along with proper airflow and diffusers with the proper throw. Where are the diffusers, at the floor level? You will need diffusers that throw the air up & across the rooms. There is a page on my website covering my brothers problem with both at the floor level. - udarrell
Should help during the summer.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

No.
Adjusting the supply grills to blow the cool air (not at people) high might work better though. Cool air should just fall on people and not directly blow on them.
Yes that can help the air circulation, but not the efficiency...they efficiency is the efficiency.
It is best to look at the supplies to make sure they are not heating only registers.....louvers turned down

How high do you want to go?
If you go up to 30,000 feet, the air is about minus 40 degrees F. Is that cold enough?