Return Air Confusion

Page 2 of 2

I would, but it doesn't run and I have no way to haul it. It would be WAY to expensive to have it towed all over... as they won't tow it more than once for free.
The funny thing is... the auto mechanics won't bring their test equipment to my home to diagnose the problem. Hummmmmm...
How can they get by with this? It's ridiculous... there should be a code about this!
As always, you make a very valid point !

What you, and a lot of other people dont understand is that total airflow (lets call it cfm) is dependent upon other factors than just "size".
none of the hvac guys knew, because they too were/are clueless.
I suggest that you educate yourself, so that you can educate the hvac techs who show up at your doorstep.
google External Static Pressure, and Total External Static Pressure.
here's a nice place to start:
http://www.contractingbusiness.com/editorial/serviceclinic/static.cfm