residential boiler doublng as pool heater?

I need a new boiler for my home in Buffalo, NY. I also have a small (18 ft) above ground pool that I would like to heat. Is there an easy way to use the house boiler to heat the pool in the summer. I am getting a quote now, but the fellow just called and it sounds like he is pricing a seperate pool heater. I was hoping to kill 2 birds with one stone. Any advice you folks can offer would be appreciated.

Reply to
jluttinger

If it is hot water heating system then you should be able to with some creative installation. The problem is going to be finding someone willing to do that. How complicated will depend on if you want it to be thermostatically controlled for both purposes and easily switchable. I'm assuming the boiler supplies heating, and any potable hot water is either independent or done with a heat exchanger. The boiler will be overkill for the pool probably but that doesn't mean it can't be made to work. The boiler warrenty made be voided by running pool water through it though. A more expensive alternative would be to use a heat exchanger for the pool water similar to the ones used for potable water.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

It can be down, but costly. You do not want the pool water to run through the house boiler.....the chemicals will shorten it's life span. The you'll be back in the same boat. You will have to have a zone valve system with a heat exchanger and a few pumps

Reply to
daytona°

Reply to
Steve Scott

my 45,000 gallon pool usually runs 55F during the middle of the winter. And believe it or not, it actually feels refreshing when I jump in.....but thats only after sitting a few minutes in the Coastal Hot Springs Spa which I keep at 108F.

So instead of wasting tons of money heating an above ground swimming pool, buy a hot tub and your pool will be just fine the way it is.

Reply to
gofish

What keeps it @55dF? Warm local climate

Reply to
Kool

"What keeps it @55dF? Warm local climate"

Wow, it's called the sun dumb shit.

You must be from quebec...55F is fine we don't need the d. kool?

HAHA

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

On 18 Apr 2007 21:51:11 GMT, DANgER (danger"What keeps it @55dF? Warm local climate"

Talking to yourself again, DANgER-boi? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

"DANgER" "What keeps it @55dF? Warm local climate"

Reply to
kool

"What keeps it @55dF? Warm local climate"

We have sun here too but it doesn't keep a puddle from freezing over in the winter . So how does it keep a pool at 55º F?

No, I am from B.C. and I used the "d" because I don't know how to make a º symbol.

Sorry for the re-write but I didn't want people to think that you had written something sensible.

Reply to
kool

That doesn't happen vary often. :-)

Reply to