Residential 4-Ton pricing

I need some advice on a quote I got yesterday. The unit quoted was a

4-ton 14 Seer York and a Zone control system for the house (2 story). This is a total end to end system replacement of an old 10 Seer unit.

$11,200

This seems high...any thoughts from the group?

Reply to
bcraig1971

Does that include any ductwork, - bet not? You might be able to do a lot of things to reduce the heat-gain which could reduce the A/C size by up to a ton. As things are now, perhaps the 4-ton could be too large. (?) Have a manual J done before buying any equipment!

Reducing the heat-gain/heat-loss will also improve the ductwork sizing which could help efficient operation. Price other equipment from other contractors, perhaps 14-SEER Goodman equipment might help reduce the initial cost. Additionally, there are usually differences in models within specific brands. The installation is more important than the brand of equipment!

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

Is it for a heat pump system?? or is it with a gas furnace?? or is it dual fuel?? what kind of warranty?? is there any ductwork involved??

Reply to
Noon-Air

Price does include some minor ducting changes....

Thanks!

Reply to
bcraig1971

My my moonie...so many questions. You forgot to ask if he took the highest or lowest bid.

Reply to
 Bluto

With some minor ductwork, 10 year parts and labor warranty, a touch screen programmable thermostat, new correctly sized refrigerant lineset, and most probably having to replace aluminium wire going to the air handler with copper, thats probably pretty close to the mark.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Noon-Air,

I have an existing York gas furnace that will be serviced and left in place...10 yr warranty on the new system.

Thanks!

Reply to
bcraig1971

Then why aren't you out installing all those things Moonie? No one hires ya eh?

Reply to
 Bluto

Shit... I always come in on the end of the discussion....damit

WAY TOO MUCH

Reply to
daytona°