Resetting a Carrier Infinity thermostat

okay, let me post this question AGAIN.

Why does my thermostat require user configuration everytime there is a power outage?

Btw, I would appreciate a real answer from someone familiar with this device. If you're not familiar with the issue, then kindly rfp. Thanks!

Reply to
Bob

They made it cheap.... didn't bother to put a redundant battery back-up in it.

Reply to
Steve

Ok, thanks. I'll rip it out. Is there a non-union made thermostat you can recommend?

Reply to
Bob

Don't take much to make you cry like a little bitch, does it ?

Who the f*ck do you think you are, to prance your little fairy ass in here and start telling people what they're allowed to say ?

Reply to
.p.jm.

malrescuesite.com/

What's up with the hostile attitude?

Reply to
Bob

!!!

WTF do you get off with this 'RFP' crap ? Fuck you.

Reply to
.p.jm.

Get a battery operated thermostat.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

They are all made in China..How non-Union can you get.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

!!!

Hostile??? This is a good day... Come back about election time if Obama gets a second term.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

animalrescuesite.com/

malrescuesite.com/

Well, what am i supposed to do? I've posted this question several times but all I get are smart ass answers from people who don't know wtf they are talking about. The Carrier Infinity system is very sophisticated as the termostat is integrated to the onboard computer in the air handler. . I can't just replace the f thing with a new thermostat from Home Depot without losing some of the fan and humidity control features.

So, being fed up with stupid responses, i've politely said "please refrain from posting (rfp)". I thought this was supposed to be a forum for and technically sophisticated hvac professionals. At least it used to be. If anything, i would thing a think a sophisticated software guru like you would rather want to raise the quality of this forum by encouraging technical dialogue.

Reply to
Bob

!!!

!!!

Deal with it. This is Usenet.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're not referring to me.

That's not 'polite' that's rude. And your'e in someone else's house here, not your own. So don't be rude to the inmates. It riles them and makes them cranky. Just like if you forgot to bring the lime jello at afternoon group therapy when it's your turn..

You want a sophistcated answer ? OK - get yourself a little UPS unit like for a computer, find the 120V feed for the control circuit transformer, and feed that through the UPS.

Reply to
.p.jm.

He could also change over to legacy control wiring, and use a Honeywell IAQ control.

Reply to
Steve

have you try to replace battery some time guys get pist off on people with stupid Questions that is why hostile attitude!!!

!!!

What's up with the hostile attitude?

Reply to
Grumpy

responding to

jimingram wrote: Hey Bob,

Your Infinity Thermostat is likely defective like mine was. I had model number SYSTXCCUIZO1-B which was about a year and a half old. I replaced it under the 5 year warranty. The new one is the same model # but has the Version 18 software which fixed the problem.

So if you have this problem you need to order a new one (same model) but be sure you get it with Version 18 or higher software. This corrects the problem of having to reprogram your unit. The new version allows for power down and power up without further programing.

Good luck

Jim

Bob wrote:

Reply to
jimingram

Because Carrier wants to give their service technicans additional opportunities for service calls! It's all about the money!

Reply to
Been there!

Hi, It depends how long power was out. You can have battery back up jury rigged easily.

Reply to
Tony Hwang