Reply: Condo Trouble Shooting Cooling - All Original Posts Disappeared

Reply: Condo Trouble Shooting Cooling - All Original Posts Disappeared here

What is the temperature Spit of the outdoor condenser air discharge? A 12-SEER outdoor condenser air temp split should normally be around

18/20 to 24-F heat rise split.

All I saw were temperature reading, NO pressure readings. We need Indoor Return Air Wet bulb or %/Humidity Readings No refrigerant line temps, NO Superheat & Subcooling figures! Review the trouble shooting Superheat & Subcooling and give hard copies to the techs & engineers.

We are NOT there therefore, we have to know all the airflow CFM, all the Pressures. & temp figures to even guess at what is wrong.

How many supply diffusers are there? If the ducts are too small and the diffuser's engineered for high velocity and a long throw, it might feel like you are getting a lot more airflow than is actually being delivered to the rooms. There could be an airflow /ductwork problem.

It also could be too much airflow unit charge when condo was hot resulting in a horribly overcharged system! Read my linked page:

Have someone come in with an (Alnor Balometer) - flow hood air CFM quantity meter - that measures the actual CFM delivered from the outlet of each diffuser!

Also, static pressures should be taken and compared to the blowers curve graph or chart!

A lot of things can cause an unbalanced airflow heatload on the evaporator coil's usually four or six circuits. . I think you are being tricked by mere high velocity out the diffusers and the air will be cold but the Cubic Feet per Minute will NOT be adequate to cool your condo, because air infiltration and the normal building heat-gain rate will cause it to merely stay even.

- udarrell - Darrell

Reply to
udarrell

Reply: Condo Trouble Shooting Cooling - All Original Posts Disappeared here

What is the temperature Spit of the outdoor condenser air discharge? A 12-SEER outdoor condenser air temp split should normally be around

18/20 to 24-F heat rise split.

All I saw were temperature readingS, NO pressure readings. We need Indoor Return Air Wet bulb or %/Humidity Readings No refrigerant line temps, NO Superheat & Subcooling figures! Review the trouble shooting Superheat & Subcooling and give hard copies to the techs & engineers.

We are NOT there, therefore we have to know the airflow CFM, all the Pressures. & temp figures to even guess at what is wrong.