Replaced thermostat and now the fan and heat pump do not run

I replaced my thermostat, during which two of the wires touched and produced a small spark. The C wire was not one of them, but I think it was either the O or B wire. Anyway, now that the thermostat is in place, nothing will run. The fan or heat pump, not on heating or cooling.
Everything is on and not tripped at the circuit breaker, so I worry that I shorted something.
The heat pump worked fine before I replaced the thermostat, so I doubt anything is wrong with it, and it was replaced just over 2 years ago, so it's still very new.
When turning on cool or heat at the thermostat, it does make a click noise as if it were switching something on, but nothing runs. I've double-checked the wires in the thermostat, and everything appears to have been wired properly.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

oops!! Didn't anybody teach you to turn off the power to electrical appliances before futzing with them??

Ya think??

Its not gonna run without control power. .

Its more than the thermostat.

Call a tech before you let the smoke out of anything else.
The spark meant that you shorted the transformer and either blew a fuse or burned the transformer. Always disconnect power when working with electricty. Noon-Air wrote:

On 29 Oct 2006 17:20:10 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Ya see, ya probably told this guy previously to replace his thermostat as preventive maintenance. Now that he did follow your advice, he damaged his equipment and he may hold you responsible. Although damaging equipment can also be cased sometimes by zipper accidents, also related to shorts
On 29 Oct 2006 17:20:10 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You've obviously partially shorted the thermostat. Take the thermostat back and get a new one. Bubba

Naahhhh....he needs to get an electrician to check his shorts
On 29 Oct 2006 17:20:10 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It must really suck to be so dumb that you cannot even change a simple thermostat...BWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!