Refrigerator not working again

HVAC don't work like that. You don't schedule your work by 'what brands of equipment are waiting for service'.

Hell, try taking a pee out there ! ;-)

Reply to
.p.jm.

I know you can bite me.

Reply to
.p.jm.

Yeh, well I built the Alaskan pipeline, the space station, and the Large Hadron Collider, in between managing Barack Obama's campaign ( Axlerod and Plouffe were my sock-puppets ).

OK, are we done pulling our puds now ?

Reply to
.p.jm.

But you can't fix stupid.

Reply to
.p.jm.

There are TXV kits that allow for putting one together on site. A universal blower and condenser fan motor is available too as are universal oil filled capacitors. The problem with them is cost, the universal capacitor that has muli-taps costs $50-$60 wholesale, where a standard value costs as little as five bucks. As for TV repairmen being wusses, 35 years ago I managed a TV repair/sales shop and there was nothing wussy about carrying a 300lb console TV up a flight of stairs or climbing on a roof to install a 50 foot mast. giant antenna and rotator. These days, some of the flat screen TV's I've come across weigh more than a fat woman. Back in the day, TV repairmen did a lot of climbing and spent time in attics installing twin lead and coax cable. Of course, when I was involved, CB radio was a big thing with another set of antennas and cables to run.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

When I worked at the missile range, a backhoe operator dug up a $30,000 piece of hard-line coax going to one of the towers. He wasn't to blame because he was digging where both the Army and Core of Engineers said was clear. I can't imagine what that piece of coax would cost today.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

There are weasels and speckled anuses everywhere, I don't think those critters will ever become extinct. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You might have a better chance getting a TV repaired by an outfit that sells audio visual gear to schools and other institutions. Most of the TV repair companies have diversified in to general electronic repair outfits. I know one guy who is repairing sewer cams and video games in addition to televisions.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I have a magic trick I can do, I disappear whenever I hear the words, "I'm not gonna pay for......". 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You can also shoot a smoker in the head. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

My dream is to own one of those Sprinter vans, they're nice.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Usually said with a note of disgust. "I'm not going to pay $$$ for...." as in, the price is too high. I had one of those a couple months ago.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Is that prescription, in your state?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That sounds like 'Heliax' in the 3" range that was used for microwave & c-band sat dishes.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's one of the reasons the work is so inefficient. One would think that the building permit would list the equipment being installed, and that information be available from the county. Hell, if they keep track of the size of your septic tank and drain field, they should do the same for the HVAC equipment for tax purposes.

What do you think you have to do during survival training? You sure as hell can't wait three or four days to get to a bathroom. You had some 25 year old C-rations, a folding shovel, a tent half and SIX matches. You had to make a shelter, build a fire and not end up dead. Training didn't start till they were sure that the daytime temp wouldn't be above -20 during the test. Also, the 0% humidity was hell on your skin. It would dry out and crack, then bleed.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There have always been thieves and liars. They are related to the cockroach, and will be the only other thing to survive a nuclear winter, :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I won't, but I know you're used to it. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Most of the techs I worked with were skinny from the exercise they got at work. I worked in two TV shops. One while I was in jr. high school, and another right after I graduated. Did you ever have to move one of those eight foot wide Zenith TVs with a solid slate top? They had warning labels that it needed six people because of the weight. An old man named Dave and I loaded and unloaded several by ourselves.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I had a customer tell me that I had to use the rear door to service a TV that was less than six feet from the front door, 'because all service people use the back door'. I told her that I didn't have time for her stupid games, but would play along, as long as she agreed to pay for a second service call, since the other door was a second location. She got mad and said, You can't talk to me that way. I shrugged and said, No problem, but I will tell other shops about your attitude. She turned red and said, You can't blacklist people! I smiled and said, There is no blacklist, but there are a couple people who have to call someone 35 miles away for anything they need repaired. Now, Do you want your TV fixed? If not, I have six more calls before I can go home. She opened the door and let me in. I was done 10 minutes later and she was happy.

Over the next few months she referred almost a dozen of her neighbors, and was telling them that we were top notch. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I worked with a bunch of idiots who would all light up by the return vent and fill the entire shop & office area with smoke. I opened the register and saturated the filter with Lysol. They came in the next morning and light up As soon as they took a deep breath, they were coughing and gagging. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell