Refrigerator not working again

It's very possible he was picking for real on both sides. Sometimes one lock will open, and the other won't.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm glad you had the water available. Is it possible you were dehydrated before you began the day?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Plenty of bloopers were filmed, when the stage hands weren't quite on cue, and people walked into doors.

Of course, now you can mention about the salt shakers....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Actually blue Leak Lock

Reply to
Steve

Prolly not... Its not unusual to be soaked down to your socks with sweat in an hour or less. When the ODT is 95+ and the RH is 80+, you had better be teking frequent breaks, and have a big cooler with lots of iced down water, and gatorade. Go real easy on the sodas tho... they will dehydrate you faster.

Reply to
Steve

In Louisiana, in summer, the framing and roofing crews start around dawn, and knock off around solar noon. If they have a deadline or the young immortal guys want some extra cash, they come back late afternoon for a few hours. Even the notorious southern prison farms put the field hands under cover during the hot part of the day. The Mexicans invented the siesta concept for damn good reasons.

Reply to
aemeijers

Ben Burtt who did the sound for the Star Wars saga would walk around with a tape recorder and a hammer. He came up with the blaster sound by hitting a guy wire with a wrench. Chewbacca's voice was created by the original films' sound designer, Ben Burtt, from a mix of recordings of walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers in Burtt's personal library. Burtt is notorious for using this famous sound effect:

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Back in 89, I was working in a plant under construction in The City of Industry (some of you know where that is) and the temperature was 105° and the humidity was nonexistent. I was bone dry, even my underarms were dry. The breeze blowing in from the desert felt like a hair dryer. At 105°F here in Alabamastan, every square inch of you is wet, your socks will be squishing no matter how thick they are, a leather belt will be ruined as will any watch or electronics you are carrying unless they're designed for skin divers. I've had countless pagers and two way radios die after exposure to my toxic sweat and I can wear only a diver's watch, unless it's a good one, it will expire too. I tell folks that I sweat like a thunderstorm and it's easy to tell where I've been standing still on any job site, there's a puddle.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

It only takes a tiny amount of Leak Lock on the sealing surfaces. Some people think the more the better. Can you say: clogged TXV screen?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Thank you for sharing.

Reply to
.p.jm.

And here people have been wondering why Ive been doing work around my homestead from dark till dawn.....

Gunner, 85 miles west of the Mojave Desert

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

That job I was on then gave me one of the kidney stones I passed on my own.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Been there, done that, several times.

I had an ER nurse once tell me it was like giving birth...

to a baby grand piano

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Thank you for even MORE sharing.

Reply to
.p.jm.

The web site reccomended wiping the threads with alcohol before applying the leak lock. I wonder how many people actually do this?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

NO I charge minimum 3 hours plus 0.80 per mile plus tolls if I need to go back and 4 hour if I don't need to go back All new customer $110/ H, all old customer $105/H At present all customers $0.80 /mile

Refrigerant is charge as fallow: R-12, 1/2lb. $33.40 R-404 1/2lb. $9.40 R-410 1/2lb. $11.20 R-503 1/2lb. $187.65 R-508 1/2lb. $80.00

Reply to
Grumpy

"Grumpy" fired this volley in news:i7oa08$qa8$1 @news.eternal-september.org:

So, you're saying if you screw up, or you can't fix it on the first call, you charge more?

That's certainly in keeping with the "j.m" types I am familiar with.

In my business, if we screw up, we eat the sale, and replace the goods at no charge.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

No. I started early in the day, when it wasn't too bad out. I had the cooler I carried when I spent the day at a flea market, which included the refilled two liter bottles that were kept in my freezer. There was also a 10 pound bag of ice and a two liter bottle of Diet Mt. Dew. I drank all ow them, and used my tee shirt in the ice water to lower my body temperature. By the time I had finished and driven home, i was still hot, but not sweating.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I was doing that, in Florida except I was repairing and building computers.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The worst I've had was about three hours in an Army dental chair having oral surgery, without pain killers. Captain Hurt (his real name) told me couldn't understand how I could sit there without passing out from the pain. I did damaged the dental chair, though. I bent both armrests in by several inches. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell