really quiet central AC/dehumidifier?

Page 4 of 4

Quote FEE, If you had so much business you wouldnt be posting here, In Chicago we are not ripped off by these charges, now if its for a load calc, ok. You need to open althvac up and keep it up.
Not "ripped off"?? but your willing to rip off tradesmen who are tryingto earn an honest living. bite me. I don't put in 14 hours work days for free, nor is my fuel or vehicle costs and expenses free. If you want to spend a week driving around and spending hours with potential clients, and making available the very best that you have to offer, and they only want the lowest bidder, then be my guest.... you will be broke in short order. I bet you would drop everything and come runnin for free on Sunday afternoon too. Sorry sport, it takes money to run a business, and the customer pays for *EVERYTHING*.

Yep
KJPRO wrote:

He'd better or I'd be broke.
Sounds interesting Noon-Air .... I've considered it. She wants to charge $50. I thought $25. It usually takes around 2 hours to do a good look over, talk, and write up.
--
Zyp

$25, and $50 for a consulting fee?? for 2 hours plus travel time, truck notes, insurance, maintenance, repairs, fuel, the drivers time?? somebody is living in an alternate universe.

What do you charge to pull your truck up to someone's door for a service call? Why do you think giving a quote should be any different? Are you proving a lesser service to be able to lower your price?

Is the answer to this riddle, perhaps that the water-holding capacity of air increases very quickly with temperature? It does, I looked at a graph. So there might be a rather narrow window of temperatures where it's too cold to use the AC and too warm for the heater to dehumidify well.
There would be such a window, unless you're willing to shiver with the AC or overheat the house for the sake of dehumidifying. But maybe it's a narrow range of temperatures.
Laura

What do you think happens when a heat pump go into defrost when its heating during the winter?? the short answer is that when it goes into defrost, its actually shifting into cooling mode and half of the heat strips come on to keep the thing from blowing snowballs inside while its defrosting outside. Dehumidification while in heat mode with the proper controls does the same thing. it shifts to first stage cooling mode and brings on half the strips to dehumidify. but don't worry about it because if its set up right, you'll never know that its even happening. it just makes your home comfortable.

There is no riddle to it. Reading a graph isn't going to answer your question either.

No resi system will cool down below 68 degrees without adding a freeze stat and defrost strips..... at least not without freezing the coil inside.
I am still trying to understand a couple of things here.... First is where your located...I must have missed that part, and second, why do you wanna turn the place into a walk in reefer, when thats not the purpose of a comfort system??
Graven Water posted for all of us...

windshield the outside temp is say 50 and humidity is high and the people in the car are too. The defroster will be used and you will turn up the heat because your nipples are popping. The outside air is run the a/c then the heater coil warms it. You are comfy and fog is gone from the windows. The a/c is condensing the humidity by dropping the temperature and the heater is warming it for comfort.
--
Tekkie - I approve this advertisement/statement/utterance.

good explanation, but it it involved a possible DUI. need to do a drug test on her too.