Re: India is becoming a leading outsourcing hub for QA services

The tech rep is there to deal with warranty issues... like the rash of evap coils that were leaking in the slabs, not at the tube sheets, and they have to authorize warranty condenser/heat pump unit replacements. The supplier and manufacturer won't authorize the replacements without the tech rep checks it out. I have yet to have a condenser or heat pump failure, but have had a dozen and a half evap coil failures. Right now I am working with the local and factory tech reps and engineers on correcting major broad spectrum RFI/EMI issues with both X13 and ECM blower motors.
On my own system, through the replacement of the control board to an updated one, the use of 2 1/2 dozen snap-on ferrite beads on all the control wires, a handfull of .005 disc capacitors on all the low voltage terminals on the board to ground , and some .01 disc capacitors between L1 and N to ground, I have reduced the noise level by 18db. The current noise level is still unacceptable at around 24db, and still far exceeds the acceptable limits set by the FCC.

over was as much as they can handle.

you have to test, measure, etc., actual physical products, and not just review someone else's work.
I can't see India or China providing that kind of service in a timely manner - presumably you'd want to know you have a problem before you convert your materials warehouse into scrap.
As far as telephone support - OK but only if there is some actual technical people with brains, knowledge and understanding. Those support people that give you a ton of courtesy while they read what pops up on a monitor depending on what key words they enter, are for the birds and just waste time and add to frustration. They may be of service to total idiots I suppose, but why would you assume your customer base is composed of idiots? (unless of course you are selling xxxxx or something similar)
<default> wrote in message

Several of my customers are engineers, as well as HAM radio operators. When your dealing with these folks, you best have your ducks in a row, and know WTF your talking about. Generally when there are issues, its far beyond the scope and knowledge base of the suppliers tech reps, and gets kicked up to the engineers at the manufacturer. There is no way these types of issues can be corrected over the phone from a script on a computer screen.... especially if the person on the other end of the phone can barely speak english.
On 6/16/2012 8:05 AM, Steve wrote:

I spend a lot of time on the phone with tech support from OTA, "Other than American" tech support organizations. I want to learn a number Indo-Aryan language phrases so I can mess with them. Speak English to the customer service rep then in the background yell curse words in their language as though I'm yelling at a colleague I'm working with. I think it would be very entertaining. ^_^
TDD
What do you do, when the next sentence through the phone is in the other language? And you only know a few phrases?
I spend a lot of time on the phone with tech support from OTA, "Other than American" tech support organizations. I want to learn a number Indo-Aryan language phrases so I can mess with them. Speak English to the customer service rep then in the background yell curse words in their language as though I'm yelling at a colleague I'm working with. I think it would be very entertaining. ^_^
TDD
On 6/16/2012 4:21 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You wing it of course. You speak only English on the phone. ^_^
TDD
Savord de blurt? De veens see da ven azzza fleur?
Cantorche Anders. Young Learn more about Jesudeviere www.lds.org .
You wing it of course. You speak only English on the phone. ^_^
TDD
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message wrote in message You wing it of course. You speak only English on the phone. ^_^
TDD
Ed Zachary!
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I spend a lot of time on the phone with tech support from OTA, "Other than American" tech support organizations. I want to learn a number Indo-Aryan language phrases so I can mess with them. Speak English to the customer service rep then in the background yell curse words in their language as though I'm yelling at a colleague I'm working with. I think it would be very entertaining. ^_^
TDD
so, you have Ed Zachary disease Stormy? Google it
On 6/16/2012 4:21 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Is it possible that the Mormons will outbirth the Latinos and thus rule the world? ;-p

"PaxPerPoten" wrote in message

Actually, the LDS church is taking off, outside the US. The US Mormons are minority, now. So, the question is Mormon Latinos..... will......
Is it possible that the Mormons will outbirth the Latinos and thus rule the world? ;-p
face=Verdana>...<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; I spend a lot of time on the phone with tech support from OTA, "Other<BR>&gt;&gt; than American" tech support organizations. I want to learn a number<BR>&gt;&gt; Indo-Aryan language phrases so I can mess with them. Speak English to<BR>&gt;&gt; the customer service rep then in the background yell curse words in<BR>&gt;&gt; their language as though I'm yelling at a colleague I'm working with.<BR>&gt;&gt; I think it would be very entertaining. ^_^<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; TDD<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML> ------=