Re: How cold is "beer-can" cold?

It depends on how many you already drunk that day. In my case, being active Mormon, I don't drink alcohol. So, beer can cold is about 40F.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Could it be that beer requires a laying on of the hands by Jack Mormon? ;-p

Oh, gosh. You get a couple Jack Mormons near a beer, and it's history in a hurry. Then, we'll never know what beer can cold is.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Good and important question. Best temperature for beer is between 3 and 8 C. At temperatures of below 2C, chill haze occurs as a result of the precipitation of protein/tannin compounds, although this is reversible if caught early enough. If the chill haze lasts for a relatively long period, it becomes permanent and the beer becomes bitter.
At temperatures of below approx. -3C (depending upon alcohol content), ice expansion may occur. Cargo handling in frosty conditions in winter must therefore be performed very quickly.
Source: http://www.tis-gdv.de/tis_e/ware/lebensmi/bier/bier.htm
On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 19:46:38 -0700 (PDT), Bolaleman

    That only applies to imported ( metric ) beers.

    Wouldn't you ?
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
On 9 oct, 23:02, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Yes, definitely! When the chill haze lasts for more than 30 minutes I use to become bitter like a chilled beer :-)