Radiant Cooling with Liquid Nitrogen

As opposed to Dark Matter, they qualify officially as "No Matter".

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

Coulda been somebody's mother...

Reply to
Sum Ting Wong

Just curious - are you having a great deal of fun morphing ?

Reply to
.p.jm.

Usually.

Reply to
MadManMoon

Well, I can pick on Democrats because they're in the family. Heck, my own mother is/was a Democrat and she's crazier than bedbug on crack.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

There seems to be a lot of ignorance in this thread.

No, liquid nitrogen is not a good way to do radiant cooling. The energy required to manufacture the N2 is too much to be cost effective.

Yes, radiant cooling works fine. "Cold plates' are commonly installed. They are cooled from a chiller, just like a fan coil is.

No, they don't drip. You have to dehumidify your make up air. No big deal.

Reply to
TimR

I was talking about the politicians.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

They do NOT "cool" from any source.

They REMOVE HEAT. The heat is what moves.

Cooling should not be considered as a verb.

Reply to
SuspendedInGaffa

laugh at, expecially when it oxidizes.

You're nuts. It is absolutely inert.

You can suffocate from it displacing the oxygen, but that is it.

You must be thinking of what happens to Freon when it is heated.

Reply to
Sum Ting Wong

Different famous song. Be Kind To Your Fine Feathered Friends.

Reply to
Sum Ting Wong

There is only one?

Reply to
Sum Ting Wong

But crazy women vote for them. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

ummmm......*FREON is a trademark of Dupont..... "refrigerant" is the generic term. Not all refrigerants become poisonous when heated.

Reply to
Steve

Dehumidify how?? mechanical refrigeration?? that defeats the purpose. Dessecants?? That has its own drawbacks. The RH will have to be lowered to a point where the "cold plates" are several degrees above dew point..... the building envelope will have to be absolutely vapor tight, and even then your still going to have a frost problem.

Consider..... Walk-in freeze boxes are generaly vapor and water tight.... why do they have a need for defrost? .... or am I making too much sense??

Reply to
Steve

ALL chlorofluorocarbon based refrigerants do, and despite it being DuPont's trademark name, before they were banned, they were what everyone manufactured and used.

Reply to
Sum Ting Wong

No, there were various options that would kill you even when NOT heated -SO2 and NH3, for instance. NH3 is still widely used today. SO2 used to be in every home. Propane was also a common refrigerant in residential refrigeration. They got a real bang out of it, actually.

Reply to
.p.jm.

You not know how to do that reading thing very well.

Propane is NOT a chlorofluorocarbon refrigerant.

Try again.

What I said is what I meant. I made no reference to other coolants harmful or otherwise. That does not mean I am unaware of their existence.

Sum Ting is definitely Wong here. All nine inches.

Reply to
Sum Ting Wong

And you didn't pay attention to what I said..... *read* it and try again. I did not specify chlorinated hydrocarbons.

Reply to
Steve

That's right, idiot. You "specified" an inert gas (Nitrogen) and called it dangerous.

It only makes up over 80% of every breath you have ever taken since birth.

Don't get much dumber than claiming it to be poisonous.

And when I branched the thread to the topic of FREON and DID SPECIFICALLY mention chlorofluorocarbons, that made his response incorrect, you illiterate TWIT!

Reply to
Sum Ting Wong

laugh at, expecially when it oxidizes.

Nope, it usually takes a rather high temperature, but nitrogen will oxidizes.

Ever heard of "smog"?

Reply to
jimp