Radiant Cooling with Liquid Nitrogen

Page 2 of 5
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 13:48:06 -0500, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

You need special lighting for that.

Enough posts like yours and we could start incrementing its creepage.

That answer would be "nearly all the energy the final product has to give". ;-P

You are talking to an idiot. He does not know ANYthing to remember.
LN2 for cooling is likely best done in a sealed system.
The folks that do it raw only get working circuitry up until the point that the condensation(s) create a shorted element and dip the power, or short a logic line and terminate proper function that way.
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 17:09:23 -0800, The_Giant_Rat_of_Sumatra

    More, actually, if you assume a less than perfectly efficient creation and transport process.

    No, it's too difficult to reclaim IOW bring back to a liquid state. In a closed loop, other working fluids are easier to handle.
    The various LN2 equipment I've seen has always been 'OPEN LOOP'. There's quite a bit of it around. Hell, even some fancy restaurants use it in the kitchen.

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 20:17:49 -0500, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Of course, but note that I included NONE of the requisite for stealing what remained in the Nitrogen.
Of course it was far more than was actually removed, so at least twice that number. Realistically far more than that, considering containment costs, both during manufacture and for subsequent storage.
Can be tallied as just the losses or as the cost to keep it *all* (or nearly all) cold.
It both ends up being a tally for losses over local ambient or other factors that figure into a given material handling system.
Thank God for the power of the vacuum, and a good, small neck weld. :-)
No, I am not related to the Tin Man. :-)
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 20:17:49 -0500, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

DuPont product referred to as a dielectric fluid. It also happens to have very good thermal properties. I think it may begin to gel at just below -101C.
Great thermal transfer medium. Even touted as such.
I'm gonna get an aquarium full of it, and put a PC and a display in it under operation, then overclock the piss out of it.
Or get two thin aquariums and put fish in the background.
Or get heavily oxygenated perfluorocarbon and put the fish in the same tank.
"Actin' funny, but I don't know why... 'scuse me, I got fish to fry..."
At over $400 for a 0.75 liters, it will not be a cheap proposition.
I bet it would sell at auction for a profit though. Have to use the WLAN on it, and see how that works immersed!
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 23:32:49 -0600, "Oscar_Lives"

You can suffocate from it displacing the oxygen, but that is it.
You must be thinking of what happens to Freon when it is heated.
wrote in message wrote:

ummmm......*FREON is a trademark of Dupont..... "refrigerant" is the generic term. Not all refrigerants become poisonous when heated.

ALL chlorofluorocarbon based refrigerants do, and despite it being DuPont's trademark name, before they were banned, they were what everyone manufactured and used.
On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 08:57:49 -0800, Sum Ting Wong

    No, there were various options that would kill you even when NOT heated -SO2 and NH3, for instance. NH3 is still widely used today. SO2 used to be in every home. Propane was also a common refrigerant in residential refrigeration. They got a real bang out of it, actually.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 12:10:51 -0500, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

You not know how to do that reading thing very well.
Propane is NOT a chlorofluorocarbon refrigerant.
Try again.
What I said is what I meant. I made no reference to other coolants harmful or otherwise. That does not mean I am unaware of their existence.
Sum Ting is definitely Wong here. All nine inches.
wrote in message

And you didn't pay attention to what I said..... *read* it and try again. I did not specify chlorinated hydrocarbons.

called it dangerous.
It only makes up over 80% of every breath you have ever taken since birth.
Don't get much dumber than claiming it to be poisonous.
And when I branched the thread to the topic of FREON and DID SPECIFICALLY mention chlorofluorocarbons, that made his response incorrect, you illiterate TWIT!
wrote in message

Too bad you get your panties in a twist when somebody proves your statement wrong.
FWIW, I did not specify N2..... and N2 by itself (excluding O2, and trace gasses) is not real good for you either.
Care to shine your ass some more?? or would you just prefer to go straight to the killfile??
Steve wrote:

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

Nymbecile is known around SED as "AlwaysWrong", so he's used to corrections. In fact, Nymbecile lives for them.
On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 12:17:22 -0800, Sum Ting Wong

    Nor are SO2 or NH3. Which was my point. If you had comprehended it.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 17:33:39 -0500, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

And I never referred to EITHER of those either, dumbass.
SO, YOU bringing ANY of them up in your response to me as if *I* left something out, was ALMOST as retarded as the fucktard STEVE is.
Do you aspire to that level of stupidity?
On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 15:19:00 -0800, Sum Ting Wong

    Fuck off, troll.
    nazi nazi nazi.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 18:26:29 -0500, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Ahhh... typical gang boy uneducable anarchist dumbfuck mindset.
Good job, punk. When confronted, you run, like the little bitch that you are, and screaming "nazi", in this sad case.
Bwuahahahahhaa! Yeah, yer a real man... NOT!