Radiant Cooling with Liquid Nitrogen

Page 1 of 5
Hi:
I thinking of a radiant cooling device for houses and buildings in which the cooling -- in the direct sense -- involves only radiation. Sort of like a glass-ceramic radiant-stove-top in reverse. Indirectly, however, some amount of convection and conduction will be needed [liquid nitrogen, cold metals]. The cooling panel is the ceiling and cools objects below it.
Quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass-ceramic :
"A glass-ceramic stove uses radiant heating coils as the heating elements. The surface of the glass-ceramic cooktop above the burner heats up, but the adjacent surface remains cool because of the low heat conduction coefficient of the material."
Here is an example of a radiant stovetop switched on:
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4799702/2/istockphoto_4799702-glowing-ceramic-stove-top.jpg
My theoretical glass-ceramic radiant cooler is similar to the infrared radiant stovetop described in the wikipedia link, except:
1. It faces downward 2. The coils are hollow [as opposed to being solid all the way through], this hollow within the coils allows liquid nitrogen to flow through them can cool them down to near absolute zero 3. Liquid nitrogen -- not electricity -- flows through the coils. 4. Obviously, the coils get cold instead of hot.
The radiant cooling panel is on the ceiling of the room it is supposed to cool. Those standing under it will feel cold.
Yes, heat absorbed into the radiant cooling panels is carried off using convection and conduction -- but this is not what the subject inside the room feels. The direct cooling effect on anything/anyone inside the room is radiant.
By direct radiant cooling, I mean that if you place your body at a noticeable distance from panel, you'll feel cold because the extreme cold of the coil will draw IR radiation away from your body.
Im thinking of more intense versions of this hypothetical glass ceramic radiant infrared cooler to be used in refrigerators and freezers.
This radiant cooling is something that I am deeply interested in. I don't know why.
Radiant cooling will feel to the object like "cold rays" just like radiant heating feels like "heat rays".
I know there is no such thing as "cold rays", it's simply heat radiating from my body to a colder object. My body is giving of heat rays causing it's temperature to lower, thereby giving me a perception of coldness.
Thanks a bunch,
Green Xenon
[...]
Questions.........
How much energy is expended to produce the liquid N2??
How are you going to deal with the condensate?? Remember that 90% of air conditioning is humidity control.

To prevent water from condensing on the panel, a separate air- dehumidifier is used.
.p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

That's why no one survives winters in Alaska!
--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

Mmmmmm... Yummy Soylent Green lol.
On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 23:25:44 -0500, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Despite the group list, you spelled duck tape incorrectly for this topic, and the nature of your response. :-)
Trust me, I have *tapped* a lot of ducks over the years, and sometimes I didn't even have the straw.
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 17:26:28 -0800, Sum Ting Wong

    I'm going to quietly walk away from that one, and never look back.

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 20:48:28 -0500, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

I just knew that would do it. You didn't even get to the straw line...
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 18:58:50 -0800, Sum Ting Wong

    Too busy walkin' away.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 22:23:17 -0500, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Coulda been somebody's mother...
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 20:02:58 -0800, Sum Ting Wong
Just curious - are you having a great deal of fun morphing ?
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 23:26:26 -0500, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Usually.
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 23:37:02 -0600, "Oscar_Lives"
in message

Different famous song. Be Kind To Your Fine Feathered Friends.
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 17:47:24 -0500, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Suck-it-up Green is people!... people!...
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 20:05:27 -0600, The Daring Dufas

As opposed to Dark Matter, they qualify officially as "No Matter".
On 12/23/2010 9:24 PM, UltimatePatriot wrote:

Well, I can pick on Democrats because they're in the family. Heck, my own mother is/was a Democrat and she's crazier than bedbug on crack.
TDD
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 22:40:17 -0600, The Daring Dufas

I was talking about the politicians.
On 12/24/2010 1:44 AM, UltimatePatriot wrote:

But crazy women vote for them. :-)
TDD

The OP didn't escape my kill-file - seems to be working as intended.
Unfortunately this invention depends on the speed of dark and no one has found a way to measure it yet.

    I tried, but every time I turned on a light to see my watch, it went away.
    Damn.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/