R22 or 410A

For those of you who've been installing 410a units I was just wondering if you've had any problems with them. I was going to wait until next summer to start with 410A but the price of 22 is already getting close. I remember what happened to R12 so I guess its time to go with the flow.
I haven't been installing anything except for R-410a systems in the last 2 1/2 years. If you *NOT* doing 410a, your doing a grave dis-service to your customers.

On Sun, 04 May 2008 21:50:26 -0500, Noon-Air wrote:

You believed in 410a as the future & it looks like you were right. I on the other hand wasn't so sure & decided to wait in case something else came out before 2010. It just took me 2 1/2 years longer to believe. I have though been telling my customers for the last two or three years about the impending doom of R22 but as long as that's what I would replace my own units at home with, that's what I recommended. Now that all the manufacturers have gone to 4120A & 22 has more than doubled since Christmas, even I can see the handwriting on the wall.
Gary wrote:

Refrigerant is refrigerant. Parts is parts.
--
Zyp

Hmmm. How about I got some old R-11 to put in your R-22 system. I'll just use twice as much, it will work out.
Parts is parts.... the man says.......
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Business is business.... when given the choice of replacing a leaky coil on a 10 year old, *obsolete* 10 SEER R-22 system, or having a new 14+SEER system installed, with R-410a and a 10 year parts and labor warranty, its a no brainer. The one thing I heat the most from customers is "Why didn't we do this sooner??"
I just got home from installing an ARI rated 15SEER, 2 1/2 ton heat pump system... the customer is amazed as how quiet it is... their refrigerator makes more noise than the outside unit does. The air handler is so quiet, I could hear the water dripping in the drain [note to self.. fix that tomorrow]
When was the last time you did a 2 1/2 ton heat pump change-out for $7,000. with no ductwork?? There is a buck to be made here. :-)
--

Steve @ Noon-Air Heating & A/C

"Stop calling me for freebies Satan,
Noon-Air wrote:

Funny you mention -
We did a change out last spring. Went through, tightened all the ducts, replaced the older 'Carrier' indoor coil, and outdoor unit with a 16 SEER 2 speed - Goodman R-410a.
Later that year during the fall, I talked to the 'son' [who now has his own place] and was commenting how his parents home was the colder that it has ever been through this last summer then when he grew up in the house. And that the system was quieter too.
Spoke to our customer about his new unit - and find that his utility bills were considerably lower as well. He was very very happy to say the least.
--
Zyp