R22, 30 lb sealed- never opened

Page 1 of 2

I'm sending this message to try to get an idea of what a full, sealed 30 lb tank of R22 is worth these days. When I had my air conditioning installed, I purchased everything myself and had a technician friend do the final connections (I didn't have the vaccuum and he did). As it turned out, I never needed the new tank of R22 because the equipment came fully charged, and the charge was sufficient. I glanced over at Ebay, and it looks like they're selling for around $150 or so (they cost around $50 to ship out). If anyone here is interested in taking this off of my hands, please reply here to leave a message and we'll take it from there. I am located in Cleveland Ohio, and I am able to accept Paypal payments as well as a check or money order (providing that it clears first). Dale

Why are you asking here, if you already seen what it goes for on eBay?
Either stick it on eBay, or up your ass. Make sure your friend uses the vacuum, if you decide to stick it up your ass.
Hello KM, The reason I was asking here is that these newsgroups have been around a lot longer than places like Ebay, and beside that, I'm looking to sell it privately rather than to place it on Ebay. Who knows, maybe there's someone around here who, like myself, doesn't always care for the way Ebay is run and managed. I'm not ruling out that posibility, but I thought that it would be appropriate to try the newsgroups to see what the local demand might be. +ACI-KM+ACI- +ADw-none+AEA-none.com+AD4- wrote in message news:h8u1a7+ACQ-i52+ACQ-1+AEA-news.eternal-september.org...
Why are you asking here, if you already seen what it goes for on eBay?
Either stick it on eBay, or up your ass. Make sure your friend uses the vacuum, if you decide to stick it up your ass.
Dear Dale, Sad that your first reply was less than helpful, and less than polite. There's a bunch of different types of HVAC customers. You're on the one end of the spectrum, the do it yourselfer. The other end of the spectrum is the customer who says "fix it, let me know when you finish, and I'll pay what you ask". Most people are some where in the middle. As it happens, a few of the people on this list aren't encouraged by do it yourselfers. After too many cases where people make a mess of things and want the tech to use all his wisdom and training to fix it real cheap, so the DIY can save a pile of money. As you can guess, techs can't stay in business if they are working for nearly free. Anyhow, the place that sold you the refrigerant should be able to help you more than the folks on this list. The last time I bought R-22 was a special super discount at one parts hous, and I think I paid $38 per thirty pounds. Wish I'd bought more than the couple I did get.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Any comments from anyone in regards to the future of the prices / availability? Dale +ACI-Stormin Mormon+ACI- +ADw-cayoung61+ACoAKg-spamblock+ACMAIwBA-hotmail.com+AD4- wrote in message news:h8u32c+ACQ-ua+ACQ-1+AEA-news.eternal-september.org... Dear Dale, Sad that your first reply was less than helpful, and less than polite. There's a bunch of different types of HVAC customers. You're on the one end of the spectrum, the do it yourselfer. The other end of the spectrum is the customer who says +ACI-fix it, let me know when you finish, and I'll pay what you ask+ACI-. Most people are some where in the middle. As it happens, a few of the people on this list aren't encouraged by do it yourselfers. After too many cases where people make a mess of things and want the tech to use all his wisdom and training to fix it real cheap, so the DIY can save a pile of money. As you can guess, techs can't stay in business if they are working for nearly free. Anyhow, the place that sold you the refrigerant should be able to help you more than the folks on this list. The last time I bought R-22 was a special super discount at one parts hous, and I think I paid +ACQ-38 per thirty pounds. Wish I'd bought more than the couple I did get.
-- Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org .
The picture won't post on this group. Need to find a group that includes the words "binaries" and "pictures". Regardless, most of us know what a jug of R-22 costs. I'm in Rochester, NY area. Have a maybe of being in Ohio this winter. Visit some friends in NW corner of Ohio.
You're right that R12 went from $60 a tank when I was a kid, and went into several hundred, if you could find it at all. Of course, it was phased out by R134a, and so R-12 isn't much used any more. I do work on R-12 equipment on a regular basis, and I have been using R409a. Some fellows like Steve, are cutting edge, high tech fellows. Gone to the new Puron already. I havn't yet worked with Puron, but will some day for sure.
I'm expecting R-22 to go up, of course. An elderly friend of mine is not doing the work any more, taking care of his wife who's disabled. He offered me his old jugs of R-22, and I bought them. He had some R-12, but not sure I'd ever use that. I should go back and ask about it, sometime.
Selling cash and carry is different than at the parts house. No reciept to take off taxes. So, a sealed tank is worth something, but not enough to buy your teenager's braces, for example.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Dale wrote:

Dale, I would suggest your local Craigslist because the shipping charges would make it uneconomical for anyone at a distance. The price plus shipping would exceed the supply house price. A good price for local pick up would be the best way to go.
TDD
That's a fine idea. Of course, if you call the AC guys in your area, they may just brush you off, much as folks here have. It did occur to me, like you say. Shipping would be a bit much.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Dale wrote:

Obviously you do not have federal certification to own or handle R22. There is no way that I would deal with undocumented cooling gases and definitely not from an unlicensed source. I wonder what Ebays liability is if they are sandwiched on a deal like this.
Before 1994, millions of non certificate people handled refrigerants. For the most part, things worked out OK. The world survived some how.
After the certificate program came into effect, we got skyrocketing federal debt, and political chaos, and the government against the will of the people. Maybe we ought to abolish the EPA certificate, and see if that helps.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yep. certifying HVAC techs destroyed our economy. Stormy,which part of a $25,000 fine didn't you understand? If you read your own post, this fellow has been illegal since 1994. Would you trust a canister that has been questionably stored for at least 15 years? Now should the Feds stupidly decide to pursue thingsd like this, would you be considered "An Accessory after the Fact"? Which is also a chargeable crime. Ummmm? There is a whistle blowers fee of up to $10,000. As for this fellow buying R22 to cut the bid of his contractor, Well... That is a bit of a jokes as the contractor outsmarted him by not letting it be known that the Unit casme preloaded. He still got a full paycheck. If this fellow persists in selling this stuff, he should sell it to those the know and trust him. I don't take unnecessary risks with what goes into my customers equipment. You might offer to take it off his hands for the cost of transport to offset the Multiple $$$$ risk that you could be taking. I however will pass even on that. By the way it costs $3.00/lb to destroy if it is somehow bad or contaminated. I suggest that you take this up with our Jailhouse3 attorney, Mikey the King, before you do anything.

    Would you trust the typical canister in the back of the typical service truck ? :-)
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
.p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Hwll, I don't trust the typical Service truck. Is this guy selling a hot service truck too? If its a Pinto, stormy is in the market for it.

You didn't hear? I got a Pinto Station Wagon last year.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Maybe, like cancer.. It is time to expand.
B....b....b....but I get 12 MPG as it is!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

With 2 Pinto's , you can double your mileage.

I hope you are not as condescending with your customers. That could be a real turn off.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
"Dale" <ask.me> wrote in message
I never said that I wasn't qualified or licensed. I never indicated one way or the other. I may have been at one time.
In other words, your not and never have been.