R-22 vs. R410a (Puron)

Yeah Asshole, understand there's a difference in the two following statements...

"R410 refrigerant is more efficient than R22"

"An R410 14 SEER unit is more efficient than a R22 14 SEER unit"

Now look at the thread title, it says "R-22 vers R410". It says nothing about complete systems!

If you had a brain, you wouldn't be agruing about this.

Also, if you were informed, you would already know what brand Noon-Air sells... hint, it's not a Carrier product. Now crawl back in your hole and shut the hell up.

Reply to
<kjpro

wrote

Yes it is, unless, as I stated in my post, a leak occurs to the point where a vacuum is caused during operation, in which case the charge is fractionated and should be completely removed, the leak repaired, a vacuum pulled, a filter/dryer installed and/or replaced, and a new charge weighed in. Remember, I was responding to Tony&#39;s post where he stated that with 410A, even a small leak will cause water to enter the system. This is simply not true.

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

By tranplanting a 410-A compressor of the same HP into an existing R-22 system, and charging the system with 410-A and replacing the TXV, the SEER of the system will be greater after the changes.

What this means is that R-410_A can achieve the same SEER by using a physically smaller compressor (smaller because mass flow rate requirement is lower) and smaller coils. Refrigerants can actually be rated in efficiency (EER) compared to each other, and specifically in regards to the application. They are correct, and you are wrong. The problem is that they didn&#39;t know why they were right.

hvacrmedic

Reply to
hvacrmedic

This is Tony now Mr. Lawblow where did you read that I said even small leak. I did not specified size of leak not that would make any difference how big or small leak is, question here is did system lost charge and gone in to vacuum so that moisture can be pull in. You work on air conditions that low side pressures are let say between 50 and 100 Psi I work on systems that low side pressure may very between 20" vacuum and 150 Psi and lot of cases don&#39;t have any safety protection such as low and high pressure cut off! "stupid design yes" but I did not built them or design them. Not long ago I replace two scroll compressor because oil return line crack compressor lost oil and refrigerant and you may use word committed suicide, Why no safeties and customer did not want put one in, I install new compressor but report reads sorry no warrantee. Dear Sir you need to be in business few more years before you can even think of catch in up to my experience. Tony

Tony

This is quite confused. Efficiency is a property of a refrigeration system, not a refrigerant. It also varies with conditions. There is no such thing as comparative efficiency of refrigerants, as opposed to system efficiency under specific conditions.

You may be confusing refrigerant properties like molar heat capacity with efficiency. R410a is "better" in that regard than R22, and worse in other properties important to refrigeration. Which one performs better depends on the systems employed and the operating conditions. You can cook up examples where either outperforms the other.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Kinch, Your trolling is getting a bit tiresome. Maybe if you got your nose out of the books, and actually worked with these refrigerants and this equipment in real life, you would have a better understanding of what we are talking about.

Reply to
Noon-Air

You may be tired, but there&#39;s no trolling going on.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

For the specific application where it is used, there is nothing worse about 410-A. Whether we can cook up other applications where it is worse is immaterial. There is probably some scenario possible, some universe, where 410-A causes a planet to explode, but that would have no bearing on the systems in which it is used on our planet in our universe.

Reply to
hvacrmedic

Sorry, wrong anwer. Welcome to my killfile.

*PLONK*
Reply to
Noon-Air

But it *IS* true, it can and will happen.

Reply to
<kjpro

A leak can let water (and air, which is also bad) enter the system if the pressure inside the line is below atmospheric pressure. But how often does that happen?

A pressure of 0 PSI gage (15 PSI absolute) in an R-22 or R-410a system means that the evaporator is either at -40 degrees, or it&#39;s dry (no refrigerant flowing). This is not a normal operating condition for an air conditioning system.

In normal operation, the low side pressure is several times atmospheric pressure and any leakage is outwards.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Martindale

You better get some current training under your belt, before you start spewing shit about things you don&#39;t understand.

Moisture doesn&#39;t care if your system is operating under a vacuum or not.

Reply to
<kjpro

wrote

Ya, I know, that&#39;s what you keep saying. But you can&#39;t back it up. Like the second coming of Christ, I&#39;m still waiting...

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

snipped-for-privacy@cs.ubc.ca (Dave Martindale) wrote \\

Thank You!!