question regarding Chronotherm III

Good morning, all y'all. Hope you can give me a hand here.
I'm in the midst of economically devasted Michigan, and am affiliated with a local religious group.
Their building is used for services just once/week, with no occupancy otherwise.
About a decade ago they hooked up a Chronotherm III to control both the heating and the air conditioning. (Back then the building was also used a lot more, but since this is Michigan, there just ain't so many people around now).
I've found the basic instructions on line so have been able to set the unit to 45 or 50 degrees six days, and bring it up on the day it's needed. But...
but... there are "hard limits", so to speak, for some of the days/times.
For example, I'd like to set the building to 75 degrees, and I can do that for the 9 am, noon, and 9 pm choice, but when I try punching that in for 4 pm, the numbers stop at 65 degrees.
I figured out how to reset the various time choices, so for now I've moved the 9 pm toggle to 4:10 pm, but I'd really like to do this right.
I've run into a similar problem with the "low" setting. I'd like to let the building cool down to 40 degrees (enough to keep the pipes from freezing, with some leeway), but it won't go under 45 for most slots, and 50 for others.
There are only a couple of HVAC shops within an hour of here, and I've swung by both. The techs there scratched their heads and couldn't help.
They offered to swing by and install a New Thermostat!!!, and gave a decent price if I could wait a bit until they had a call in the area [a]. But I'm hoping someone can point out to me how to work with what we've got.
(As you can well imagine, not much money here).
Thanks
[a] to be fair about it they were pretty honest and professional
_____________________________________________________ Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key          snipped-for-privacy@panix.com [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

    What did you do with the $ 30,000,000,000 of stimulus money we sent you ?
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
.p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com writes:

It made it about ten miles into the state before all of them libroooollllzz grabbed it...
Thanks though. Could you suggest another programmable unit that would go down to 35?
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 19:18:39 -0500, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

I bought a new Harley and an acre in Sturgis with a outhouse and a cabin smaller than my garage, with what was left over I bought a lottery ticket. Hopefully I'll win so I can go see my cabin on my Harley.
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 20:52:46 -0500, The King

    I hope you at least got a two-seater for all that :-(
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
.p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com writes: [snip]

how's about one of these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphicar
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 03:24:15 +0000 (UTC), danny burstein

    I meant the outhouse :-)
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Nah, we're trolls.