question for the commercial guys

I was in a friends new restaurant tonight, fast food pita place. Like I said, brand new equipment, but the exhaust hood is spilling and the place is full of light smoke from the grill. He said the installer came back today and said everything was ok (with tears streaming down his face from his stinging eyes). I don't do commercial, so I wasn't any help, but I suspect the make-up air had to be balanced some how. Any of you familiar with how to set up an exhaust hood in a restaurant for proper ventilation?
--
Respectfully, Bob

Maybe start here, surf around grrenheck, some demos even on 'why my hood doesn't work'
http://www.greenheck.com/products/kitchen/application_guide.php Bob_Loblaw wrote:

Great site, Abby
http://www.greenheck.com/products/kitchen/DemoKitchen.php