Queit here

Page 3 of 3

That would net me around $100 per capacitor call

Depending on the season, 5 - 15%
Steve wrote:

Wow, only 1 in 20? I would have expected the number to be higher.

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 17:24:08 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

One of my political activist correspondents sent a message out saying that less than 50% of the workforce pay any taxes. The implication was that the number of people in full time jobs was about 43%. After the shock of that statement wore off and I did some checking with the US Department of labor, I found that 74% have full time jobs. The other 26% are those who would like to work but are out of work, roughly 9% with the 17% of the group underemployed which could be working part time or for less than a standard wage. In the mid 80s, work became so scarce that I was only working 20 hours a week. Employers would go ahead and lay us off if we wanted to collect the unemployment but most of us just hung in there waiting for better time which did come.
When I came into the trade in 1967, there was an estimated shortage of 100,000 technicians. Does anyone know what that figure might be today?
John
I don't know what the current stats are. But, my gut hunch is the economy is doing terrible, and the unemployment is way up. On the radio a couple days ago, an economist show was telling of all the tax rates going up at the first of the year, and the various deductions and cuts which are going away (same effect as tax hike). I think the US will be many years recovering from the Obama spending and taxing.
[...]
On 8/19/2012 6:25 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

The Democrats are getting just what they deserve. It is a damned shame that they have drug the rest of America into the abyss with them. Next time maybe they will field a real citizen of this country.

The democrats drug (dragged?) the rest of america? It was the Bush administration that started two wars (one definitely unnecessary and potentially illegal, which interfered with the prosecution of the other) then had the balls to reduce taxes for the first time in history during wartime. Then there is the repeal of Glass-Stiegel which lead to the financial meltdown (again, during the Bush administration). Yes, Clinton signed the repeal of G-S; bad on him. But it was the republican congress that proposed and passed the repeal.
The economy, bad as it is, is better than it was in 2009 by pretty much every measure (DJIA is higher, unemployment is lower, et. al.).
And guess what - the Bush tax cuts did nothing to improve the economy, so it's hard to see how additional tax cuts (or extending the BTC) will haved any positive effect on the economy outside of the the luxury yacht market. It will add to the deficit and debt.

Birthers are misguided fools.
scott
I think that Obama is a foreign born Marxist.
Birthers are misguided fools.
scott
Was he elected by voting, or vote fraud?
Are Democrats part of the New World Order?
Can the American people save the Republic?
Is the New World Order trying to take over?
Maybe.... considering that the hospital he was supposidly born in didn't exist when he was born, Then there is the millions that obummer spent to keep his school records under wraps.. and a bunch of other things ths I have not seen verified.
On 8/21/2012 10:22 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

That is positive! Thinking. ;-p

Misguided???? It wasn't any of use that had a guidance system that knocked Stanly Anne up in a foreign country!
I am amazed the SOB didn't doctor up that last forgery to show he was born on top of the Washington Memorial.

Agreed. And, also agree that the other guy was chanting the liberal Democrat talking points.
Ok - so I'm just not so sure on this whole thing. I'm wondering if the BTC perhaps did really have a positive effect on the economy. I'm thinking that if stemming the bleed from the "common citizen" (whatever that is...), he contributed in a positive way, to the stabilization of an economy that was spiraling in the wrong direction, then the net is a gain. That net gain may not be reflected in the GNP or in other common metrics, but is it not possible that stabilization by itself is a gain? I'm not making that argument - I'm simply raising that as a talking point. Yachts and all that stuff - pure rhetoric. No further comment on that aspect of your post.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net

That's a tough question, and I don't have an answer. It is difficult to imagine, however, that any putative positive effect from the BTC was good for the country as a whole - as evidenced by the corresponding levels of debt. Perhaps if congress had reduced spending correspondingly (tough to do during a war), we'd have seen a more positive effect (or less of a negative effect).
On 8/21/2012 9:39 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Anyone who doesn't consider that most of Obama's background "could be" full of lies is a misguided fool. Our first and last Affirmative Action President sure does appear to have a lot to hide and outright lie about. It is really amazing how he was never vetted at all. O_o
TDD
I'ee seen some reviews of his beliefs and views. But, not in the lame stream media.

Anyone who doesn't consider that most of Obama's background "could be" full of lies is a misguided fool. Our first and last Affirmative Action President sure does appear to have a lot to hide and outright lie about. It is really amazing how he was never vetted at all. O_o
TDD
On 8/21/2012 1:49 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

The national press was so enamored of the guy that they never did any dirt digging, they just gave him a pass which is a characteristic of Affirmative Action. ^_^
TDD
They say it's racist, to give someone a job because he's white, and exclude the black guy.
But, it's perfectly OK to give someone a job because he's black, and exclude the white guy.
The national press was so enamored of the guy that they never did any dirt digging, they just gave him a pass which is a characteristic of Affirmative Action. ^_^
TDD
On 8/16/2012 2:21 PM, Bill wrote:

We're working our little/big heinies off. I get in at night and can barely walk because everything hurts. My hair hurts, my toenails itch and my eyeballs are squeaking. Exhaustion is kicking my butt. O_o
TDD
Wish we lived closer, I'd offer to come and help.
We're working our little/big heinies off. I get in at night and can barely walk because everything hurts. My hair hurts, my toenails itch and my eyeballs are squeaking. Exhaustion is kicking my butt. O_o
TDD
On 8/16/2012 8:04 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I appreciate the offer but HVAC is not all I work on. I do have a friend who's working on putting us together with a bunch of other guys to exclusively handle a restaurant chain's maintenance but most of what I've been doing is electrical power, telecom and data systems. Today we were installing a new Cat5 cable to hook up a thin client in a retail store which required a scissors lift and a lot of crawling around on the floor and ladder climbing. Tomorrow I have to install power to a RedBox DVD rental kiosk, I installed the outdoor breaker box a couple of weeks ago and the kiosk needs to be hooked up tomorrow. The job was scheduled for Monday but we have another call requiring us to drive 60 miles to another town to survey moving a telephone system demark at a large retail store. Me and JH had to take yesterday off because we were exhausted and in so much pain. We've been looking for a young guy around 50 years old to help us climb around in ceilings for pulling wire. O_o
TDD