Quartz Space Heater

LOL. Are you actually serious or just trolling?

Reply to
Solar Flare

The magic word "convert"

Now you were saying about light is heat is sound is vibration is friction is kinetic is power?

How many pizzas >> Light is not heat. Get over it.

Reply to
Solar Flare

NO! Sometimes you take out a cold beer and let it warm up outside.

Maybe we need a Basic programme to express this?

Reply to
Solar Flare

But people are still trying to say that a watt is so many degrees is so many Hz is so many mph.

Reply to
Solar Flare

You from Alaska? What would you know about heat anyway?

Reply to
Solar Flare

Sound energy just floats off to nowhere then, I guess...

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

He's talking about a different type of wattage now. :-)

Reply to
<kjpro

Don&#39;t talk about Nick that way. Shame on you!

Reply to
<kjpro

We better rewrite that 1 watt no longer equals 3.413 BTU then....

Reply to
<kjpro

The one the radio displays. :-)

Reply to
<kjpro

Electricity used creates heat... if you don&#39;t understand that... you need more help than you realize.

Reply to
<kjpro

My Nikko Alpha II makes the house lights dim during any particularily loud passages.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Had a sound system in a car... going down the road at 60 MPH (had a 100 A alternator - biggest battery that would fit)... turn the radio up and up and up...

Till it would shut down the computer and kill the engine. :-)

Reply to
<kjpro

The &#39;M&#39; seems to come from Roman Numerals. I&#39;ve seen &#39;C&#39; (for hundreds) used that way too. The usage amount on my gas bills is in CCF (hundred cubic feet). The amounts on the gas royalty checks I&#39;ve seen are in MCF (thousand cubic feet).

I remember finding that &#39;M&#39; confusing, when I had more experience with metric units.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

How many gallons are in a light year? :-)

Reply to
Harry

Buy a freezer so you can warm the beer inside.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Both sound and heat are mechanical (not electromagnetic) vibrations.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Then you need some home made ice cream. It&#39;s good for brain cooling.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

And not a measurement of light either.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I do see the tower for the local radio station :-)

I suppose you know that "certain narrow band" is the limits of human vision.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd