Quartz Space Heater

Page 8 of 10

(my email: address) \\ |

Lightning bugs / cubic metre.

meant.
Learn the language... what an idiot.
If you can't come up with something better than SPELLING or GRAMMER issues, I feel really sorry for your ass!
I'm also sorry that this is all so new to you that you need EVERY LITTLE detail to UNDERSTAND it.

A few years back, I almost lost my last piece of good brain cell when I decided to attempt to learn ALL the vernacular and manipulation associated with the decibel. ...I'll never try that again.
The devil is truly in the details.
-zero
so, apologize for the error and get on with it.

A lot of people don't, especially when they conflict with favorite delusions.
Another fact: The sun is very hot, but heat cannot exist in space. You may get hot when you got out on a sunny day, but NONE of the sun's heat can get to you directly. The energy gets here as light (the sun is hot enough to be incandescent).
BTW, you can't smell the sun either.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Just to clarify -- it doesn't all get here as *visible* light. Quite a bit of it is UV and IR.
--
Regards,
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:53:12 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

True, and that is also EM radiation. Just with a frequency outside a certain narrow band.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
What radio stations can you see?

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 00:11:30 -0500, "Solar Flare"

I do see the tower for the local radio station :-)
I suppose you know that "certain narrow band" is the limits of human vision.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Consider yourself fortunate, KJ. Now if Nick would just plonk everyone else we'd never hear from him again.

--
Cat fur expands to fill all available
drives.

:-)
So electricity units are the same as thermal units.
I'll have to remember next time I measure my PV panel output in BTUs

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 22:23:10 -0500, "Solar Flare"

True. Light is electromagnetic radiation (which can exist in empty space). Heat (and sound) is mechanical vibration (which can't exist in empty space, it needs something to vibrate).

Mechanical vibration will cause heating.

Light (electromagnetic radiation) will create heat when it contacts any substance. That's what happens when you go outside on a sunny day.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
LOL. Are you actually serious or just trolling?

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 00:12:39 -0500, "Solar Flare"

I lack the proper emotional state to be capable of trolling.
I just stated some facts. If you believe any to be in error, you could always post alternatives.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 00:24:46 -0500, "Solar Flare"

I don't know much about PV panels, but I do know that 100% efficiency doesn't exist. I do remember hearing that PV devices were at most about 10% efficient. What is the waste product?

Which explains why I wouldn't say that it is.

Do you have any specific information on what happens to it, then?

Strange, and almost certainly false. Light (apparently "visible light" here) and Infrared are both EM radiation, and very similar. Infrared is just slightly lower in frequency (like ultraviolet is on the other side of the visible spectrum).