Quartz Space Heater

Page 6 of 10
They're BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAak!

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 23:52:55 -0500, "Solar Flare"
There is (still) no such thing as "infrared heat". Infrared radiation is produced by warm objects. Heating these objects further produces more visible light (as seen in flames and heating elements, and in sparks too).

Photographic film, as well as CCD arrays in digital cameras, is sensitive to electromagnetic radiation in the infrared range.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 21:58:57 -0500, "Solar Flare"

What's really strange is the idea that you're expecting that to change reality, and bring into existence a from of radiation that does not exist.

[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:53:30 -0600, Mark Lloyd

It isn't just warm things that radiate photons, it is everything, except all things also absorb photons, depending on temperature differences and other factors.
But I am curious about what the special thing that CO2 is supposed to have, it is a molecule with atoms vibrating or moving in some way, but those movements are not involved in the sensible heat measured, only the velocity of the entire molecule relative to neighbor molecules can transfer "heat".
"Heat" is not a thing in itself, it is only the motion of the molecules and how fast and how hard they hit when they bounce off other molecules.
Of course monatomic atoms are considered to be "molecules" in some ways.
I understand "Black Chrome" coatings on copper sheet or foil will absorb solar energy very well and not emit in short wavelengths, but chances are that anything that emits long waves will also absorb long waves, and CO2 has a very small specific heat compared to water vapor, and there must be a lot of difference in the latent heat of vaporization between the two molecules.
Joe Fischer I drive the right lane.

Everybody pick an energy, go to the link and report back with 500 words by Friday. <g>
http://teacher.pas.rochester.edu/phy_labs/Heat/Heat.html
-zero
Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

I'm not trying to defend the OP, but loudspeakers overheating misses the point.

them
Point being then that sound energy is somehow unique--in that it just somehow 'magically dissapears' from the universe...

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

No, point being that loudspeakers don't overheat because of the sound energy they emanate. They overheat from the energy they DON'T turn into sound.

all
Which is heat created... which makes his post CRAP.
Too much volume on your stereo is overheating your brain.

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:59:40 -0500, "Solar Flare"

Then you need some home made ice cream. It's good for brain cooling.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

all
Sherlocks has spoken...
No shit, he really has.

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

I guess you have nothing substantive to say.

hand
supplying
the
http://www.kalamaprecision.com/misc/IMG_0053.JPG

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

I haven't looked at you picture, nor will I, but I assume it reflects your "professionalism."

are
brains.
It shows him playing "pocket pool". LOL

Recalling that's what my brother said--just before he snapped the picture.

You had Neil Young over for dinner last night?
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:41:13 +1100, "Justin" <'> wrote:

The fact that you get burned is evidence of wasted energy. Consider that you wanted light, not burned hands.