-zero

Plonk.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

I guess you don't like FACTS!!!!

Reply to
<kjpro

Actually, it&#39;s a tiny bit higher than that.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Apparently not -- he argued with me over how many liters are in a US gallon. It&#39;s easy enough to look up...

Reply to
Doug Miller

Candidates for the Darwin.

Reply to
Steve Scott

3.785 vs 3.784, in my 2006 book. Maybe it&#39;s grown since you looked it up.

You guys might enjoy learning the difference between power and energy :-)

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

1 US gallon = 3.7854118 liters

I just looked in the dictionary under Energy... and the first thing it say is Power.

Go Figure

Reply to
<kjpro

Sheesh... arguing over less than a tenth of an ounce. Don&#39;t you have anything better to do with your time, Nick?

So the guy omitted the "h" in Btuh... Big deal. Everybody knew what he meant.

Everybody except you.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Yes. "0 degrees Kelvin" (isn&#39;t that called "0 Kelvins" now?) is a form of perfection. Perfection is one of the few things that cannot exist.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

True. Light is electromagnetic radiation (which can exist in empty space). Heat (and sound) is mechanical vibration (which can&#39;t exist in empty space, it needs something to vibrate).

Mechanical vibration will cause heating.

Light (electromagnetic radiation) will create heat when it contacts any substance. That&#39;s what happens when you go outside on a sunny day.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:41:13 +1100, "Justin" | >

The fact that you get burned is evidence of wasted energy. Consider that you wanted light, not burned hands.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

A lot of people don&#39;t, especially when they conflict with favorite delusions.

Another fact: The sun is very hot, but heat cannot exist in space. You may get hot when you got out on a sunny day, but NONE of the sun&#39;s heat can get to you directly. The energy gets here as light (the sun is hot enough to be incandescent).

BTW, you can&#39;t smell the sun either.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Reply to
Steve Scott

Just to clarify -- it doesn&#39;t all get here as *visible* light. Quite a bit of it is UV and IR.

Reply to
Doug Miller

True, and that is also EM radiation. Just with a frequency outside a certain narrow band.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

It&#39;s an extremely big deal, if you want to understand renewable energy.

He left out the PER hour, which means he does not know the difference between power and energy.

Learn the difference!

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

totally off topic but that reminds me of stories my dad used to tell of his work experiences. He was involved with digging the huge irrigation canals used by farmers in north central washington. some of these dirt canals are 75&#39; wide and 30&#39; deep. he was on oiler on a Steam Shovel, and said the engine had cylinders large enough for a man to stand inside of. Some of his stories on the construction of Hanford Nuclear Reservation still boggle my mind.

Reply to
gofish

if you want to pick nits.

I don&#39;t.

Go away.

Reply to
Doug Miller

You make a VERY BIG Assumption here, Dude..... What makes you think he was wanting light, instead of heat?????

Reply to
You