Quartz Space Heater

Page 5 of 10
What kind of radiation?

Solar Flare wrote:

radiant heat energy

What does "difference" mean to you?

Which question do you want answered?
Which produces more heat?..C and E because they don't waste as much energy producing visible light.
Which answer is correct?...None. Only C and E are the same. The rest all waste varying amounts of energy producing visible light.

Solar Flare wrote:

And what does that light ultimately end up as?

The one I asked...

You better think again...

Nothing is being wasted. The energy is being transferred to the room no matter which poroduct you wish to use.
A watt is a watt... there is no getting around that.
Light is not heat. Get over it.
I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

Measure the current that the sound system is using, then measure the voltage. That's energy being entered into the room.
Amps times Voltage = Watts
1 Watt = 3.413 Btu (That's HEAT)
WHETHER you want to believe it or not.
But let me ask you this, if it doesn't create heat... why do I have to cool "cable equipment rooms" in the middle of winter?
I mean, there is nothing in there to heat the building, except a bunch of receivers.... so where is all the heat coming from?
| | > Light is not heat. Get over it. | > | > I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too. | > | > Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all | > burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains. |
So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand after it has been burning for ten minutes.
"Justin" <'> wrote in message

after
And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from supplying them with too much wattage...

| > | > Light is not heat. Get over it. | > | > | > | > I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too. | > | > | > | > Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all | > | > burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains. | > | | > | > | > | > So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand | after | > it has been burning for ten minutes. | > | | And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from supplying them | with too much wattage... | | -- | | | | |
Yep, that too, never heard of it either.
Do you seriously know that little about energy?
Do you think your sound equipment manufacturer would design all your energy to transform into heat instead of sound? Get an Onkyo amp. Calss G amp. Very little heat and linear current based outputs. This is called efficiency. Doesn't heat my room not matter how many hundred watts of sound it puts out.
"Justin" <'> wrote in message

Sound energy just floats off to nowhere then, I guess...

He's talking about a different type of wattage now. :-)

My Nikko Alpha II makes the house lights dim during any particularily loud passages.

hundred
Had a sound system in a car... going down the road at 60 MPH (had a 100 A alternator - biggest battery that would fit)... turn the radio up and up and up...
Till it would shut down the computer and kill the engine. :-)
On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:34:55 -0800, "Jeffrey Lebowski"

Both sound and heat are mechanical (not electromagnetic) vibrations.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Infrared is electromagnetic radiation at frequencies just below the visible spectrum (next to red). That is NOT heat. The fact that EM is constantly being converted to and from heat in no way makes them the same thing.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Funny we can photograph infrared heat from people's bodies and other warm objects even though it isn't heat.

Solar Flare wrote:

IDIOT