Quartz Space Heater

Page 4 of 10
Hi Vaughn;
> > If you have a refrigerator that consumes 500 watts > > of electricity and it runs continuously, it's > > producing exactly the same amount of heat as five > > 100 watt light bulbs.
> Not sure that is 100% true. There is lots of waste > heat, but the refrigeration system is expending > energy pumping heat out of the refrigerated area, > just so it can gradually be absorbed back from your > heated home. At the end of the day, does all of the > energy that the refrigerator uses really show up > as waste heat in the room?
Of course it does. If the refrigerator is consuming an average of 500W it delivers an average of 500W. That's just basic physics.
There is a "cool" exception, but this was not included in the original question.
During the heating season take liquid tap water in a container, freeze it in the freezer, and throw the resultant ice out doors.
In addition to the power needed to run the refrigerator you will have extracted some of the heat in the water.
Cool huh!
> My head hurts.
> Vaughn
Duane
--
Home of the $35 Solar Tracker Receiver
http://www.redrok.com/led3xassm.htm [*]
Vaughn Simon wrote:

Yes.
Graham

refrigerated
the
show up

Consumed electric is consumed electric, no matter how you use it.
A watt is a watt, just as a BTU is a BTU...
But people are still trying to say that a watt is so many degrees is so many Hz is so many mph.

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 00:21:04 -0500, "Solar Flare"

How many gallons are in a light year? :-)

In article

Yes Vaughn, it does all end up in heat, in the room, which then leaks out of the house and heats the outside world, which then also leaks off the planet and heats SPACE..... wheather it is "Waste Heat" is a matter of Politics.......
Bruce in alaska
--
add a <2> before @

refrigerated
At
show
But there is no heat in space... it's 0 degrees Kelvin

Actually, it's a tiny bit higher than that.
--
Regards,
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:24:46 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Yes. "0 degrees Kelvin" (isn't that called "0 Kelvins" now?) is a form of perfection. Perfection is one of the few things that cannot exist.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

There is no such thing as "0 Degrees Kelvin"... What Grade School Physics Class did you flunk out of? If that were true, all Dark Matter would dissaccociate, and Physics as we understand it wouldn't work at all. If there is no heat in space, then where does the waste heat go, that the Heat Dissipating Panels, that line the Shuttle Cargo Bay Doors go?.... Space is not a void. It has Gas, Dust, and all kinds of Particles, moving around in it. These all have energy associated with them, when referenced to Earth, or any other reference point you can name. That energy, will ulltimatly be transfered into heat when those things interact with any other matter, or energy, in which they come in contact, or influence.
where do you guys come up with this stuff..... Idiot's R' Us........

the
the
home.
really
out
the
Ok Mr Pissy... space is 2.7 Kelvin
But if you measured the temp with NO light, or radiation, it would be 0 Kelvin.
Happy Now?

No, you still got it WRONG... In Space, there is NO place where there isn't Light, Radiation, Gas, Dust, Particles, ect. So therefor, one CAN'T measure 0 Degrees Kelvin, and even "IF" you could find such a place in the Universe, that had these conditions, just what are you planning to USE to measure it. Anything, you use, would then bring energy into that space, and would raise the temp ABOVE 0 Degrees Kelvin. Also, one can't have Atoms, or even Protons and Neutrons, at 0 Degress Kelvin, as they would dissaccociate into their Basic Particles, long before you could ever get near 0 Degrees Kelvin, at minimum, or maybe down to their component Energy Strings, if one believes String Theory, to be the way of the Universe. Actually, "IF" String Theory, is correct, at 0 Degrees Kelvin, all String Energy would cease to exist, which would also mean that at 0 Degrees Kelvin, the Universe would cease to exist.
It seems you couldn't even graduate for the Idiot's R' Us School of Physics..........

Physics
in
I could care less... I don't ever plan to go there to find out.

If you want to argue... go Google and argue with the information they provide to you.
I really don't care what the temperature of space is...

I am not arguing with you, I am only pointing out that your statements are not "Based in Fact"...... and as such, once pointed out, you should acknowledge that, and GO AWAY, untill you learn a bit more about the subject at hand..... and not "Parret" BS you read on the Internet....
You If it is on the Internet, it MUST be True......... NOT....

And there is another theory that this has already happened. The universe has ceased to exist, and has been replaced by something even more inexplicable. :-)

You from Alaska? What would you know about heat anyway?

NO! Sometimes you take out a cold beer and let it warm up outside.
Maybe we need a Basic programme to express this?

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 00:18:35 -0500, "Solar Flare"

Buy a freezer so you can warm the beer inside.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
snipped-for-privacy@hartigan.dot.com says...

A minor correction to my diatribe, above: I meant to say that it doesn't cost a dime EXTRA to do all the other stuff. You're still heating your home with electricity. You're just using things other than the furnace to do it.
Solar Flare wrote:

You do know the difference between radiation, convection, and conduction, don't you?