Quartz Space Heater

The installed whole house heating system, don't matter which kind.

Reply to
Snap Whipcrack..............

horseshit. try paying $.24/kw for electricity. lets see....we burn natural gas to produce electricity.....and electricity is cheaper? LOL too funny.

Reply to
gofish

We're currently at $.052 /kwh up here.

Jeffrey Lebowski

Add request pending, good to see you back, KJ.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Yes Vaughn, it does all end up in heat, in the room, which then leaks out of the house and heats the outside world, which then also leaks off the planet and heats SPACE..... wheather it is "Waste Heat" is a matter of Politics.......

Bruce in alaska

Reply to
Bruce in Alaska

When I was a kid, in the Pacific Northwest, electricity was $.02/KwH. My Father, the Banker, was a Depression KId, and had a fetish about turning off the lights, in rooms that were unoccupied. He would get very angry at us kids for "Wasting Electricity". In 7th Grade, I wrote a Paper for Science Class on the efficency of an "All Electric House" which we lived in. Got an "A" on the Paper, and after my Father read it, he quit ragging on us kids about the lights, but only durning the winters. Summers were still a bit of a hassel........

Bruce in alaska

Reply to
Bruce in Alaska

Not every power supplier burns natural gas for it's source. Our electric rates are much cheaper since they burn coal in this area.

I'm also not saying that electric is ALWAYS cheaper all over the US or saying that it stays that way. (we were talking about 8 cents/kw vers high priced natural and using a heat pump to save money)

Last year our natural price was over $2.50 per therm while electric was under .08 cents/kw. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it! :-)

Reply to
<kjpro

Not likely. 150 M BTU per hour?? That&#39;s on the order of 44 MW. It would go through a 150 lb bottle of propane in just minutes (if you could even get enough flow rate through a standard propane rig to supply it).

Even 150,000 BTU per hour is more than double a full-house furnace.

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom

I have a client that has a 270,000 BTU Boiler in their home that won&#39;t mantain temp when the ambient goes below 5 F.

Reply to
<kjpro

But there is no heat in space... it&#39;s 0 degrees Kelvin

Reply to
<kjpro

A big house ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

hehehe We replaced a 350,000btuh steamer a couple years back with another the same size. Huge, old house. I think it was built around

1910.
Reply to
Steve Scott

Light is not heat. Get over it.

I hope your sound system noise doesn&#39;t heat up your room too.

Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

Reply to
Solar Flare

Reply to
Solar Flare

4000 plus square feet, 12-15 feet ceilings, big picture windows, and old on top of it.

How would you like a $1000 plus monthly heating bill?????? Not me!

Reply to
<kjpro

Biggest I&#39;ve seen is a 1 Million Btu boiler for a commercial building.

2" Black Pipe Natural gas main and manifold!

Had the original pilot valve, gas valve and separate regulator on it, that had all been under water.

Can you say... scarrrrrrry?

Reply to
<kjpro

Measure the current that the sound system is using, then measure the voltage. That&#39;s energy being entered into the room.

Amps times Voltage = Watts

1 Watt = 3.413 Btu (That&#39;s HEAT)

WHETHER you want to believe it or not.

But let me ask you this, if it doesn&#39;t create heat... why do I have to cool "cable equipment rooms" in the middle of winter?

I mean, there is nothing in there to heat the building, except a bunch of receivers.... so where is all the heat coming from?

Reply to
<kjpro

| > I hope your sound system noise doesn&#39;t heat up your room too. | >

| > Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all | > burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains. |

So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand after it has been burning for ten minutes.

Reply to
Justin

"Justin" | >

And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from supplying them with too much wattage...

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

| > So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand | after | > it has been burning for ten minutes. | >

| | And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from supplying them | with too much wattage... | | -- | | | | |

Yep, that too, never heard of it either.

Reply to
Justin