Quartz Space Heater

Page 2 of 10
I worked on an oil fired unit that was somewhere around that size. It was interesting. They had a boiler big enough to duck walk in where I took my training. It wasn't in use but impressive nonetheless.

Candidates for the Darwin.

--
Cat fur expands to fill all available
drives.
Steve Scott wrote:

totally off topic but that reminds me of stories my dad used to tell of his work experiences. He was involved with digging the huge irrigation canals used by farmers in north central washington. some of these dirt canals are 75' wide and 30' deep. he was on oiler on a Steam Shovel, and said the engine had cylinders large enough for a man to stand inside of. Some of his stories on the construction of Hanford Nuclear Reservation still boggle my mind.
Daestrom. Funny thing the MBTU rating I have seen always seems to mean thousands of BTUs. The old "M" means thousands apparently as in some of the old style prefixes. Ya' gotta' hate it.

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:53:17 -0500, "Solar Flare"

The 'M' seems to come from Roman Numerals. I've seen 'C' (for hundreds) used that way too. The usage amount on my gas bills is in CCF (hundred cubic feet). The amounts on the gas royalty checks I've seen are in MCF (thousand cubic feet).
I remember finding that 'M' confusing, when I had more experience with metric units.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

I thought that _was_ what he was looking for.

very
There is a very popular quartz heater on the market today. People are purchasing them like crazy. They even like the product.
Does this make it "reasonably priced" or manufactured from a "quality company"?

Do you know the make/model of this unit?

I will not provide information on a product where I feel the company is very misleading and using a marketing strategy to gain it's cliental.
SORRY
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

I've never heard of a company that was NOT "using a marketing strategy" to gain customers.

very
I knew someone would say this...
But to be "Plain and Simple"... I can not promote an item that I do not believe in.

is
Ill sell you 25 each 100 watt light bulbs.
ultimately does the same thing...

No kidding... this is what people don't understand.
Which produces more heat?
A 1 - 500 watt halogen light. B 5 - 100 watt light bulbs. C 1 - 500 watt electric heater D 1 - 500 watt quartz heater E 1 - 500 watt baseboard heater
Which answer below is correct?
A They all create different amounts of heat. B A & B are equal, C & E are equal, but D produces more heat. C A, B & D are equal and C & E are equal, but C & E produce more heat. D (A,B,C,D & E) All create the same amount of heat.

This a "trick question" or what ?
--
SVL

- Yahoo me--at ( precisionmachinesam )

heat.
I'll try to catch ya tomorrow, going to catch some zzzzz now. :-)

zzzzzzzzzzz

message

This a "trick question" or what ?

Uh, no. A btu is a btu, and the answer is d.

heat.
Give the man a cigar.

heat.
That is correct, but it should be "a watt is a watt". <g>

more
True... that's the reason behind the "<g>".

I just sent you an IM.