Quartz Space Heater

I've never heard of a company that was NOT "using a marketing strategy" to gain customers.

Reply to
CJT

I knew someone would say this...

But to be "Plain and Simple"... I can not promote an item that I do not believe in.

Reply to
<kjpro

Ill sell you 25 each 100 watt light bulbs.

ultimately does the same thing...

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

No kidding... this is what people don&#39;t understand.

Which produces more heat?

A 1 - 500 watt halogen light. B 5 - 100 watt light bulbs. C 1 - 500 watt electric heater D 1 - 500 watt quartz heater E 1 - 500 watt baseboard heater

Which answer below is correct?

A They all create different amounts of heat. B A & B are equal, C & E are equal, but D produces more heat. C A, B & D are equal and C & E are equal, but C & E produce more heat. D (A,B,C,D & E) All create the same amount of heat.

Reply to
<kjpro

This a "trick question" or what ?

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

I&#39;ll try to catch ya tomorrow, going to catch some zzzzz now. :-)

Reply to
<kjpro

zzzzzzzzzzz

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Correct, but incomplete, answer (have renumbered answers) is 4

But complete answer is:

A,B and D produce more radiation heat C less radiation E most heats buy convection

Therefore, if you are sitting exposed to sources A, B and D, you feel warmer with the same power (sounds strange ?) as of C or E.

If you are interested ONLY in heating a room, answer 1) is ok. But if you are interested in heating people (for example, outdoor), sources A, B and D are very efficient options.

Let us put it this way: A,B and D are most efficient in delivering the same amount of power of C and E, but where you need it more: on your body.

Example: a keep 64 F at home. When I am walking around it is a comfortable temperature. But when I sit down, I start to feel a little cold. Solution: a 150W halogen lamp with reflector pointed in my direction.

150W is not that much power, but you have to compare it to your body heating power (about 100-200W), so if you could deliver that power to heat yourself and not the walls of your house ... :-)

R.L.Deboni

Reply to
R.L. Deboni

messagenews:518b1$45bc57a7$943f6c44$ snipped-for-privacy@STARBAND.NET...

This a "trick question" or what ?

Uh, no. A btu is a btu, and the answer is d.

Reply to
Power's Mechanical

It heats the whole 3000 sq.ft. house instead of the 250 sq.ft. bedroom.

Reply to
HeyBub

I&#39;d be looking into one and dump the space heaters.

Reply to
Snap Whipcrack..............

messagenews:518b1$45bc57a7$943f6c44$ snipped-for-privacy@STARBAND.NET...

Give the man a cigar.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Hey ! Free illumination!

Do you believe in perpetual motion too?

Reply to
Solar Flare

Which question do you want answered?

Which produces more heat?..C and E because they don&#39;t waste as much energy producing visible light.

Which answer is correct?...None. Only C and E are the same. The rest all waste varying amounts of energy producing visible light.

Reply to
Solar Flare

Reply to
Solar Flare

Reply to
Mike Hartigan

And what does that light ultimately end up as?

Reply to
CJT

You do know the difference between radiation, convection, and conduction, don&#39;t you?

Reply to
CJT

I&#39;m surprised the marketeers have never tried that argument as an advantage of electric heat over gas or other alternatives. :-)

Reply to
CJT

It isn&#39;t an advantage as long as the heating system is thermostat regulated, using electric will save gas, but may cost more.

Joe Fischer

Reply to
Joe Fischer