Quartz Space Heater

Page 1 of 10
Hi. a couple of months ago, in one of the newsgroups, I read about a very popular quartz heater but I can no longer find the thread. I need to replace the space heater in the living room and would like to find a reference to the quartz heater many people liked. Also recommendations for other heaters are welcome.
Mike wrote:

The make/brand is irrelevant. They all work the same way. You might as well ask if a GE lightbulb is better than Philips or Osram. Build quality may differ though.
See my earlier answer in another group.
I'd advise you get one with say 3 bars so as to provide flexibility with the heat setting though.
Graham

Do you always like spending 10 times the amount for the same item?
Why not purchase a reasonable electric heater from a quality company?

I have a small propane heater for sale. 150,000,000 BTUs
Email me for details.
Da Cable Guy wrote:

For a LIVING ROOM?

A large living room mind you. Interested?

Some living room.
Go here:
http://www.hvacopcost.com/equipsize.html
If I'm using that right, if you lived in Canada and had a 4 million square foot living room, 150,000,000 BTUs would come close.

very
What can one say...
"he likes to leave the windows and doors open for fresh air" :-)
On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 18:47:54 -0500, Dan Espen

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 18:47:54 -0500, Dan Espen

It's for a really big living room. Interested?
On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 18:47:54 -0500, Dan Espen

If you sit at one end, and your TV is at the other end how big does the TV need to be? Maybe it'll provide some heat.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
<Da Cable Guy> wrote in message

Not likely. 150 M BTU per hour?? That's on the order of 44 MW. It would go through a 150 lb bottle of propane in just minutes (if you could even get enough flow rate through a standard propane rig to supply it).
Even 150,000 BTU per hour is more than double a full-house furnace.
daestrom

get
I have a client that has a 270,000 BTU Boiler in their home that won't mantain temp when the ambient goes below 5 F.
"kjpro "@ usenet.com wrote:

A big house ?
Graham

4000 plus square feet, 12-15 feet ceilings, big picture windows, and old on top of it.
How would you like a $1000 plus monthly heating bill?????? Not me!
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

That's insane. I used to live in a 1200 sq-ft 100yr-old wood framed 2-story house in the Canadian prairies. -40 winters, older furnace with cast-iron heat exchanger. Our average monthly heating bill was just a bit over $100 CAD.
Chris
Closets are usually easy to heat though.

hehehe We replaced a 350,000btuh steamer a couple years back with another the same size. Huge, old house. I think it was built around 1910.

--
Cat fur expands to fill all available
drives.

Biggest I've seen is a 1 Million Btu boiler for a commercial building. 2" Black Pipe Natural gas main and manifold!
Had the original pilot valve, gas valve and separate regulator on it, that had all been under water.
Can you say... scarrrrrrry?