Prog thermostat with auto fan control?

Is there a programmable thermostat that can be set to turn the fan on/off at set times?

Our furnace fan only comes on during the cycle unless we switch on the fan manually. In the case of the latter, we get the high speed, which is okay, but sometimes we forget to turn it off for the day and this chews up lots of $$$ needlessly.

In the morning, we use the manual fan to push more cold air upstairs as well as to generate some ambient noise so as to not wake the kids up. It would be great if we could just have it come on automatically at, say

5:30, and switch off at 7:30.
Reply to
Pat Coghlan

Honeywell Vision Pro

(with "circ" option)

Reply to
<kjpro

I see the 8000 (others?) has this feature, which randomly turns on the fan for a 35% duty cycle. This doesn&#39;t do exactly what I wanted, but it&#39;s still worth a closer look. Thanks.

Reply to
Pat Coghlan

No thermostat I know of has that feature, but it should be fairly simple for a competent technician to wire a timer in parallel with the fan relay/control board to accomplish exactly what your looking for.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

1F95-371

Reply to
daytona°

Which will lead to equipment issues.

Reply to
<kjpro

How is that, KJ? Are you worried about backfeeding the board, or what?

Jake

Reply to
Jake

KYpro&#39;s an idiot...you only need to worry about equipment failure if he&#39;s doing the wiring. HAHA Your better off buying a 120v timer and a fan and set that up in the kids room. Would be cheaper and you could install it.

Carrier Infinity Control Programmable Thermostat will do what you want. It has a programmable fan control feature. You have to buy a new furnace though.

You could rig up a timer, I would do it on the 24v side, G terminal.

A cheap solution would be to just set your programmable thermostat to cool at whatever time you wake up at, that will kick on the furnace fan. Just leave the breakers to the AC off if it&#39;s the winter or cold outside, then the AC won&#39;t run but the fan inside will.

Cheers,

-Canadian Cool

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

[...]

The vision pro stats should allow you to program the fan for each time period you set up( up to four periods per day) I know the commercial ones do and I&#39;m pretty sure the resi&#39;s do too. This should allow you to do the 5:30 to 7:30 time period.

Reply to
geojr

"DANgER" KYpro&#39;s an idiot...you only need to worry about equipment failure if he&#39;s doing the wiring. HAHA

I stated "equipment issues" not "failures", Bozo!

I doubt you can explain the issues it will cause, but please *try* your best. (after you get done trying, we&#39;ll have your brother Chris take a stab at it)

at whatever time you wake up at, that will kick

winter or cold outside, then the AC won&#39;t run but the

Yeah, this is real convenient, Not!

BTW, there&#39;s no need to post your stupidity twice. LOL

Reply to
<kjpro

frankly its a major pain in the ass to program

I believe its designed for a certain generation, certainly not the older folks.

Every thermostat manufacturer I know of offers several models with programmable fan control.

Reply to
gofish

Damn, I think it&#39;s loaded with features and pretty simple to program and operate.

Have you ever played with the W/R&#39;s "Blue" version? Talk about a POS that is hard for the installer and the end user!

Reply to
<kjpro

I&#39;m going to wait to see if DANgER can answer the question asked of him. If he can&#39;t answer the question, we&#39;ll open it up for Chris.

If those two can&#39;t answer the question, I will post the issue that it will cause.

We&#39;re waiting DANgER, here&#39;s your chance to shine. I sure wouldn&#39;t want Chris to show you up. LOL

Reply to
<kjpro

The only thing that is going to shine on DaNgEr is his ass from falling on it so many times. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

wrote

Why don&#39;t YOU try your best, seeing as you&#39;re the one who said it. Explain away.

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

I guess you missed this post?

Quote:

I&#39;m going to wait to see if DANgER can answer the question asked of him. If he can&#39;t answer the question, we&#39;ll open it up for Chris.

If those two can&#39;t answer the question, I will post the issue that it will cause.

We&#39;re waiting DANgER, here&#39;s your chance to shine. I sure wouldn&#39;t want Chris to show you up. LOL"

End Quote:

But I can understand your eagerness to learn something new. LOL

Reply to
<kjpro

That one looks like it does the job. Also has a feature which will turn on the fan for the current period only. This would save me a few $$$ when my wife forgets to turn off the (2HP) fan before going out for the day.

Thanks.

dayt>

Pat Coghlan

Bought the 1f95-371 on eBay, but apparently it is only for multi-stage heating/cooling systems. What&#39;s the difference and can it be used with a regular system?

One thing I noticed is that it doesn&#39;t take batteries and there was no display when I hooked it up. I hooked up the R to the "R" terminal, which already had a red wire in it which goes over to a jumper (along with a black wire, which goes from the jumper to the "C" terminal).

I suspect this is going to have to go back on eBay. No?

-Pat

Pat Coghlan wrote:

Pat Coghlan

There&#39;s a jumper from R to C?