Problems with air conditioners, etc

Page 3 of 3
pjm, as much as you sound rather unpleasant, I have a feeling that you actually may know a thing or two about troubleshooting HVAC equipment. The key word here is "may".
Is there any chance at all that you could help us appreciate the wisdom and knowledge of your profession, by actually sharing some of it here, specifically what kinds of issues could cause observed problems (intermittent breaker popping at startup).
I mean, both great experts as well as ignorant assholes could say something like "dumbass, you need to talk to professionals". That's an easy thing to say in all circumstances.
So... How can we know that you are a knowledgeable person in your field? Can you share with us what is applicable to his case. I would then be the first to acknowledge the depths of your expertise. I am not kidding or posturing.

He already did, dumbfuck. PJM is extremely knowlegible about the proper use of newsgroups, and specifically alt.hvac. You got good advice, now heed it and take your hacking whining freakshow out of here.
Is this another freon sniffer or is this just PJ under another name...Sounds just like him grouchy and useless.
Oscar_Lives wrote:

As you will find out rapidly, there are a few folks here who are impolite. They will self identify rapidly.
Using your logic, I went to my doctor and asked for the cheapest Rx I could have. Figuring cause I was sick, I wanted to take the cheapest pills. I'd try the cheaper pills, and work up to the more expensive ones later. I'm up to about four dollars a bottle, and I'm still sick.
My neighbor had the same condition. He went into the doc and told him the symptoms. The doc did an examination, wrote the pills that he really needed, and he's just fine now. My neighbor says I may have craneo rectal invertitis.
Actuallly, since you write and ask for advice on changing caps instead of asking for help diagnosing, you may have CRI also. Incidentally, take two asprin. And, when the asprin take effect, replace your thermostat.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Hey wyredog,
Just so you know, this shitbag PJ only crawled in here a week or so ago, this was / is a very useful group of NICE helpful folks.
Ignore fuckface and soon enough he will slink back to the homo room.....
Jeff
( ready for your weak ass insults, little man.....PJ ?? )
CJT wrote:

Note to self: Take photo of connections before allowing work on air conditioner.
dennis in nca

and while you are at it, take photos of the professional and his truck
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:44:20 GMT, Ignoramus16532

I guess I've been lucky with my HVAC service co. Always prompt,always reasonable, always done a good job and always gave me good advice.
Last winter, when my packaged heat pump compressor went down (after 16 years) they gave me a choice of replacement of the compressor or the entire unit. They strongly advised I replace the unit, about three times the cost of the compressor replacement. Being naturally frugal (read cheap) I almost didn't take their advice, but they persisted with the logical arguments. Boy am I glad I gave in. New higher SEER unit much more quiet, effective, and power bills much lower. On the seven months compared about 25% less KWH used per month, and the only thing I changed in the house is the heat pump. I know that you have to do a specific degree day comparison to be totally accurate, but I don't think it would be much different.
Frank

Also, don't forget the photos of your wife naked.