Problem: condensation in attic a/c trunk line

My ac system is mounted in the attic in NJ. During the cold months the supply trunk line is wet with water where the trunk lays on the attic plywood. Both gable end windows are open. Also, the ac outlets that are located in the ceiling have flappers which are shut and the return grates are also covered. Why is this sweating? I think my warm moist air is still getting past the closed vents and winds up in the trunk upstairs and condenses the water. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Bruce

Reply to
BC

BINGO!

Uhmm, stop the warm air from getting into the cold space? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

And you're a f****ng dipshit, junior. Re-read my post. It tells you EXACTLY what you have to do. How you do it is your problem. Try covering all the grilles with saran wrap and see what happens. Cover them all with duct tape. Buy all new expensive registers and grilles that shut off 100% positive and see how it goes. Are you catching on now you f****it? Hell, spray your whole god damn house with spray foam insulation for all i care. Its nice and warm here and I gotz no water in my trunk lines. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Yep, that is it. Keep all your registers open and run the fan "on" all the time. That will keep the ducts dried out.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives