Portable A/C on wheels as backup in case the central AC dies?

Page 2 of 2

message

Well.... almost pure except for the boogers, dust, dead dust mites, live dust mites, and fungus.
Yes, PV, _almost_ pure! <G>
(Actually... we capture and filter condensate at the plant for "almost pure" applications. At least it's mostly de-mineralized. LOTs cheaper than the Zephyr Hills Guy coming twice a week.)
LLoyd
Add pictures here
✖
Well, if the folks here object to A/C condensate, then they must be getting dysentery from rainwater in a resevoir.
--
------
Mr. P.V.\'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY

Well, shit.
Maybe your onto something here.
FWIW, here our well water is of such poor quality that I do collect condensate during the summer months and use for in-process cutting tool cooling application.
( Yes, Kris, that would be as in "toilet water" )

✖
Jay-n-123 wrote:

Install a 5,000 BTU window unit. Turn off the house AC at night.
Your electrical bills will drop by almost half.
As for installation, we removed the glass from one pane and replaced it with 3/8" plywood, then cut a hole in the plywood to house the AC unit.
Add pictures here
✖

I'd ride the bitch til she died, then spend the money on an air conditioned hotel room while the new system was being installed.
the fact that its 20 yrs old should tell you something about the longivity of yesterdays equipment, unlike anything you'll buy today.
considered you prolly only run it a few months out of the year, it may only have 7-8 years of run time.......
Add pictures here
✖
I'm sure it's better than nothing at all, but I find it surprising and contemptable that you are so spoiled that you can't live through one bloody night without your A/C.
Crank the fan, kick off the covers, and GO BACK TO SLEEP fer chrissake! Hell, you probably won't even realize that the A/C died until the next morning.
Add pictures here
✖
And kick the wife off onto the floor. Extra body heat can be a killer, yo...
--
------